USB Device not Recognised

Not sure if this is a Software thing or what, so I thought I'd post it in here.

Every couple of minutes, a little balloon pops up in my Start Bar saying 'USB Device not recognised.'

I have unplugged and plugged back in every one of my USB peripherals (Wireless KB/Mouse, Printer, Scanner, MP3 Player (not plugged in though), Phone Charger/Data Cable (also not plugged in), Camera (not plugged in))

And the message still comes up.

I have scanned for viruses, restarted the PC, and tried searching for drivers for this Unknown Device.

Any ideas? Much appreciated.

:)

I ran across that problem one time trying to solve that issue on a friends pc. I googled it and found over 100,000 reasons why it happens. We never did figure it out. But he did install an el cheapo camera just before that. We finally took that boat anchor of an HP outside and promtply proceeded to fill it with 12 gauge buckshot. Try googling that phrase, then get ready to lock and load heheh. Sorry I cant help you though.

use a flashlight and check all ur usb ports and make your u did not bend and short any of the pins to each other or the metal housing they may be shorting / grounding out i have seen this many times where people jam the usb device on laptops maybe this is the case for you as well? is ue also getting a balloon tip saying there was a malfunction on a usb root hub?