Starting the holidays off in the worst way.

systmdfect

So I was pretty excited today. I finished all my exams, and next semester I am transfering to UARK so I was just gonna enjoy this time off of school. Well today I went to work and it was actually a pretty good day. 5 minutes before closing time the manager Jeff comes over and asks me what kind of car I have. I told him it was a red acura Integra with a carbon hood. He told me to follow him. I followed him to the back door. Lo and behold! My car had been broken into! There was glass from my passenger window all over the inside of the car. Luckily the guy in the install bay heard and chased him away before he had a chance to steal anything. Most likely he was going for the gift I had bought my parents a couple hours earlier while I was on break. Through the window you could see a TV on the box so he must have thought it was a new TV. It was actually just a TV stand.

Either way a broken window is around $250 to replace I believe. There goes any holiday plans for me...

I feel for ya bro, I travel alot and carry several thousand in tools in my Suburban in the back I always cover everything with moving blankets just as a precaution, Never had a low life try anything yet.. man what goes tru peoples minds??? I been reminding the wife and kids don't leave things in the car uncovered since they have been known to spend to much time in stores with gifts in the cars..Hope the guy trips and falls on his front teeth!!!as he runs from his next failure..

I know where you're coming from :(. I got a call from my dad today when I was at work, he said that my sister was beaten by her boyfriend last night. He's in jail now, thank God for that. Who knows what would have happened if the neighbors didn't hear all of the noise that was going on.

I can sympathize, same thing happened to me but it cost me 800 dollars in glass for some stereo equipment that a friend gave to me.

I feel sorry or the person I actually catch because they are going to pay for every single time somebody has ripped me off.

You know there is always a brighter side, the glass company will probably be able to give bonuses to their employees ;)

I feel for you I had a break in a few months back and to top it off my car was parked in the city court rooms parking lot lost my subs,amp,and deck along with the driver side window.

as for you guys saying insurnace 250 bucks is probaly to low for them to cover as mine requires me to pay the first 500 and they pay what ever is left after that.

Yeah, all I have is liability because insurance is crazy expensive for a 20 year old male in Dallas, Texas. And I've never been in a wreck. My step sister has been in like 3 wrecks and she still doesn't pay as much as me. This is rediculous.

Yeah, all I have is liability because insurance is crazy expensive for a 20 year old male in Dallas, Texas. And I've never been in a wreck. My step sister has been in like 3 wrecks and she still doesn't pay as much as me. This is rediculous.

It is ridiculous. And it's not expensive just because you live in Dallas; it's expensive for unmarried men under 25 everywhere.

Based on what I've tinkered with on websites, it will be cheaper for me as a 25 year old unmarried male with no moving violations in the last 3 years to insure a brand new BMW 325xi (a 6 speed, 6 cyl., 220-ish hp, MSRP ~$38k car) with comprehensive and collision with a $500 deductible than it was for me, in 2001, as a 20 year old unmarried male with 1 speeding ticket, to insure a 1995 Honda Accord (5 speed, 4 cyl., ~150ish hp, KBB value at the time of about $9500) with comprehensive and collision with a $1000 deductible. Even if I hadn't had that speeding ticket on my record, it still would have been more expensive than the BMW would be for me now.

Well, I just got the window replaced. Was able to find somebody who had one in stock. Took them only an hour to install the thing, and they even vacuumed the broken glass i couldn't reach under my seat. And it was only $175ish. That's a pretty good deal, but it still puts a quick halt on me getting my 2x1024 corsair xms pros at 3200 2-3-3-6.

I lost the right rear window in my work car to a rock thrown by the City Beautification Crew.

You can't sue the city because they use Inmate Labor and the Law says they can't be held responsible since they're working off their sentence.

$35.00 for the glass which the junk yard was nice enough to pull for me and $45.00 for a customer of mine to install it.

That was the money that I had planned to donate to the Salvation Army to sponsor a family for Christmas.

I hope that inmate chokes on his Bologna sammich!