Sign in to follow this  
vaelo

No boot after IHS removal

i didnt mod my heatsink after i remove the IHS.... it definitely sticks to the core....

most who remove the ihs have to make a modification to the heat sync clipping device or the cput bracket its self or remove the brackit all together i dont see how u got away with it making good firm core contact with out doing any mods.... the ihs removed makes a difference of about 2.5-3mm on depth further the heatsyinc has to travel usually people have to cut off the little plastic dots on all 4 corners to make a stock heat sync work with a IHS-less chip or some after market coolers but im sure u know this. but his chip dont look that bad at all mine looks worse like is said forest fire and screwdriver lol

i used my Zalman CNPS9500, i had removed the yellow bracket so there was firm contact with the core, and there was AS5 on the cooler after i removed it. I will try to clean it up when i get some proper stuff to do it, as the only alcohol i have is absinthe...

isoprople 99% is what we use in the shop also over the counter goo remover works thats what its called lol the 99% isoprople u will have to ask the pharmacist for the dont keep it on the shelf

as the only alcohol i have is absinthe...

Heck don't waste that on the cpu !! Just use a bit of acetone. If you have some Ceramique on hand, try a dab of that instead. If it goes some place it shouldn't it won't short the cpu. Can you mod that heat sink to a bolt on? With a bolt on heat sink, you can control how level it sits on the cpu compared to a heat sink that uses the stock retainer.

Heck don't waste that on the cpu !! Just use a bit of acetone. If you have some Ceramique on hand, try a dab of that instead. If it goes some place it shouldn't it won't short the cpu. Can you mod that heat sink to a bolt on? With a bolt on heat sink, you can control how level it sits on the cpu compared to a heat sink that uses the stock retainer.

they heatsync does bolt on im using the same one with a naked core just remove the yellow clip.

Acetone is not recommended because it is very aggressive.

90% or better Isopropyl Alcohol is all you need.