Official LanParty ICFX3200-T2R/G Discussion Thread

All do the same thing in an effort to make money...report what they think is the latest news so folks flock to them and they can raise advertising rates and make money...however if there is some glitch in their supposed news "hot-tip", they very very seldom reverse their position when found out as wrong...now that is the part I don't like.

It was supposed that a few boards would reach the Usa for sale before Christmas...BUT it did not happen...Period...I know it was hoped a few would make Usa to sell before Christmas and it did not happen. But it was not BS since to me BS when related to a release is an intentional effort to decieve and thus BS someone/somebody or all bodies. So for sure as relates to a few boards for sale in the Usa before Christmas...it was not BS...but the sales did not happen...

There appears to me to be a 'huge' difference between testing of boards in lab conditions and a 'real world' user testing a board...So for that reason I am glad they have not shipped boards yet because there were a few things they needed to address once a few 'real world' users had the boards. I flashed completely untested Alpha bioses for a few nights in a row since I received my board. So since the boards were not sold...these minor situations I saw have been addressed. Thankfully the board was not in users hands to deal with flashing Alpha untested bioses nor was listening to early adopters beeching necessary...I received a few "bioses" that said they had just been written and no test had been made...I would be first...so again I am grateful DFI had not released board into retail...things are much better now...PERIOD.

I think Bingo13 has been very honest and forthright in his posts to Xs forums about this board in its' huge flexibility and that it is a different board than any currently in the market for C2D...I think he has been spot on with his response that the board may not beat every comer in every arena...I could not see how it would since even the C2D processors are still constantly in a state of change.

I like my board personally and can see where it can boot up for even JSP and then be tweaked for freeken months afterwards by any with skills or ambition to get all he can get out of what he has...I did not say what someone else has but what the tweaker has to hand.

When the boards are finally for sale the users will get a pretty well polished product or so it seems based on me testing this board in my hands...some niggling bios details will be surmounted...it appears a little more performance may be there as well...much of the high dollar and high mhz memory will finally be able to be utilized at some fast memory speeds...but there will also be the ability to honk with much less banzi/expensive memory...

So again I will just say that I am having a growing affection for this board...it does not seem to trounce the whole world in every facet of its' existence, but I know there are the many who want C2D and the furtherest thing from their mind is beating the entire world...Sam will not be benching with his eye glued to the last bench Joe just put up. But Sam will be much pleased with a solid and stable 3, 4 or 500mhz overclock that will stand up over time...and enough tweaks to keep one busy until the next Intel platforms surface or nearly so it seems to me...

I do Dr Hekyl and mR Hyde when it comes to rigs...one minute I am in serious and deadly serious benching mode...and the next I am in need of a 24/7 configuration that can be deadly serious in my daily work that brings me my income...not games not thefting dvds or anything like that but able to boot at a moments notice...be able to open numerous network folders, pull skype duty and IM if needed and photo shop and M$ office and all at the same time without hollering or screeching to a halt...this board seems to be gaining my affection in those areas...I realize that there are different strokes for different folks and I am beginning to believe this maybe one of the more flexible and useful C2D platforms that I have seen so far...of course that does not say much for gaming use but that is expected since I have little time for gaming...my time is spent day after day with the boards as relates to users and the questions of board support...when I get thru with a day of support you may be fully assured I do not run to fire up a game...I want away from a keyboard for sure...some civilized conversation...some connection with the real world on a level that is not just computer related. But then what in h*ll would a MS Red-nake know about shett? Hehehee. Who freek knows?

Let me get my b utt onto celerbrating the Christmas season with family and friends and will return to boards and fast lane puter life in due time...Happy Holidays to all...

RGone...:confused:

Man, looks like that "before Christmas for certain" that was on numerous sites before NDA expiry was all BS. Was DFI's boat hi-jacked or something? They shipped the first shipment like a week ago.

/me angry at DailyTech for saying the 15th of December. They made this board look like a paper launch.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welp, my honest opinion is that the 975X/G does everything this board does but better (clock for clock)

I personally prefer my 975X/G to this thing, and will continue to prefer it (had the RD600 a couple weeks, it's already off my bench).

If you want the best bang for your buck the 975X/G is the board. Go read the Orthos thread in Software if you want someone else's opinion (last page) on how good the 975X/G is.

From my own tinkering and reading what these other guys have to say...the RD600 is too little too late.

A lot of you will like it, and a lot of you will want it, and I got nothing negative to say about that. If you notice, I haven't trashed the board at all, I am just saying personally I would get the 975X/G because it is the better board. I know a lot of you will scoff at this and that's cool, because opinions are like...well you know how that saying goes.

as for the whole stupid internet information thing...rgone summed it up good.

sites do whatever they can to get you to click on their page to generate advertising traffic. They'll practically say anything that they can get away with.

notice that rgone and i maintained that you shouldn't hold your breath on these boards...and geez, looky here we wuz kee-rekt 'boutz it hyuk hyuk.

the reality is that without phase change cooling, 3600-3800 is the max you gonna get a C2D on any board.

3ghz to 3400mhz is a more realistic number though for water, and 2.2-3Ghz is more realistic for air.

So that begs the question...why do I need a $300 motherboard that isn't any better, in fact slower at same cpu mhz, than the $150-ish 975X/G?

I don't. Maybe you do.

Personally, I'm not all that excited about this ATI board. Like all ATI motherboards...too little too late to catch up to Nvidia/Intel.

Combine that with awful Crossfire support in real games compared to SLI (I been running Crossfire for 8+ months, and I finally ditched it to go back to SLI because Crossfire is a waste of money unless you are going to run 3dmark all day long), and you find yourself quickly wondering why you spend the money foolishly...especially with the fact you can buy a single 8800 card and it works on any chipset, or you can use some modded SLI drivers like I did for a long time to get a couple 7950GT's to run SLI on the 975X/G without any hassles (and the games actually played properly!!!).

so there's my opinion so far. I think the fact that I've dumped the RD600 off the test bench and don't really have any interest in looking at it anymore but I have already put the second 975X/G back on the bench and am having a lot of fun with it still, says everything about how great I think the 975X/G really is.

whoa, brutal honesty there man..

I think it's an enthusiasts board no less, and we've seen what I had said along side you guys all the way back in that asus pro thred that cooling is the limits of Conroe after a certain point.

Seems like a refined take between the 965/975 chipsets performance wise.

IN any case we're all eager to start seeing some dbase entries from you man, don't lose heart based on the hype all us guys have been under. People will still buy the board and need this place for settings and help. Regardless of the abilities of the board clock for clock this place is still the best to come for getting things up and running.. True readers insights and issues are always served here not elsewhere..

I am still looking forwards to mine as phase and an x6800 should prove quite exciting on that board for me. But then I wanna find out what the infinity can truly do with an x6800 and 24/7 once the fsb hat is out of the equation too..

regards

Raja

whoa, brutal honesty there man...I am still looking forwards to mine as phase and an x6800 should prove quite exciting on that board for me. But then I wanna find out what the infinity can truly do with an x6800 and 24/7 once the fsb hat is out of the equation too...

regards

Raja

I have a friend who wants to put together an Infinity with a QX6700 coupled with a 8800 XTX and 4 gigs of RAM... I think it is a great setup and now with Happy giving his brutal and honest opinion about the RD600, would anyone tell me if this proposed setup is good or bad? I think the Infinty 975X/G would be fine, provided the second revision board supports the Quad-core extreme and larger RAM ...:rolleyes:

Christmas and I am boardless... worst Christmas I've ever had. DFI hurry up before we spend our Christmas money on someone elses board :]

So much for before Xmas release. I was buying 3 of these things too... one was a gift in itself and the other is being put into a system I am building as a gift... now I'm going to have to come up with some pretty hardcore excuses...

other is being put into a system I am building as a gift...

Yep they should really make you give the hardcore excuse since the 'gift' board and one given out of your hands to another should have easily been a 975X/G Infinity since they run and run and run...and are mule stout...

RGone...

Christmas and I am boardless... worst Christmas I've ever had. DFI hurry up before we spend our Christmas money on someone elses board :]

So much for before Xmas release. I was buying 3 of these things too... one was a gift in itself and the other is being put into a system I am building as a gift... now I'm going to have to come up with some pretty hardcore excuses...

welp, my honest opinion is that the 975X/G does everything this board does but better (clock for clock)

I personally prefer my 975X/G to this thing, and will continue to prefer it (had the RD600 a couple weeks, it's already off my bench).

If you want the best bang for your buck the 975X/G is the board. Go read the Orthos thread in Software if you want someone else's opinion (last page) on how good the 975X/G is.

From my own tinkering and reading what these other guys have to say...the RD600 is too little too late.

A lot of you will like it, and a lot of you will want it, and I got nothing negative to say about that. If you notice, I haven't trashed the board at all, I am just saying personally I would get the 975X/G because it is the better board. I know a lot of you will scoff at this and that's cool, because opinions are like...well you know how that saying goes.

as for the whole stupid internet information thing...rgone summed it up good.

sites do whatever they can to get you to click on their page to generate advertising traffic. They'll practically say anything that they can get away with.

notice that rgone and i maintained that you shouldn't hold your breath on these boards...and geez, looky here we wuz kee-rekt 'boutz it hyuk hyuk.

the reality is that without phase change cooling, 3600-3800 is the max you gonna get a C2D on any board.

3ghz to 3400mhz is a more realistic number though for water, and 2.2-3Ghz is more realistic for air.

So that begs the question...why do I need a $300 motherboard that isn't any better, in fact slower at same cpu mhz, than the $150-ish 975X/G?

I don't. Maybe you do.

Personally, I'm not all that excited about this ATI board. Like all ATI motherboards...too little too late to catch up to Nvidia/Intel.

Combine that with awful Crossfire support in real games compared to SLI (I been running Crossfire for 8+ months, and I finally ditched it to go back to SLI because Crossfire is a waste of money unless you are going to run 3dmark all day long), and you find yourself quickly wondering why you spend the money foolishly...especially with the fact you can buy a single 8800 card and it works on any chipset, or you can use some modded SLI drivers like I did for a long time to get a couple 7950GT's to run SLI on the 975X/G without any hassles (and the games actually played properly!!!).

so there's my opinion so far. I think the fact that I've dumped the RD600 off the test bench and don't really have any interest in looking at it anymore but I have already put the second 975X/G back on the bench and am having a lot of fun with it still, says everything about how great I think the 975X/G really is.

Ouch, but really thanks for being honest Travis. Another great reason for coming here and being a part of this forum. You know you will get the straight dope.

If I hadn't bought everything already, I would've picked up an eVGA 8800 + 680i a long time ago, but foolishly I bought everything in advance and said 'I'll just wait for the board..' Now (since everything is centred around this board) I can't go back.

I'm not dissapointed at all; the board looks to be great, and by the time I get it I will be very pleased, but I didn't want to wait until mid-late January.

If I hadn't bought everything already, I would've picked up an eVGA 8800 + 680i a long time ago, but foolishly I bought everything in advance and said 'I'll just wait for the board..' Now (since everything is centred around this board) I can't go back.

I'm not dissapointed at all; the board looks to be great, and by the time I get it I will be very pleased, but I didn't want to wait until mid-late January.

The extra wait is unfortunate but at least the board is in the hands of several folks with enough hardware and influence to make sure that when it's released it "should" fire up out of the box for the majority...still gonna have some bugs for a few but that is to be expected.

exactly, a board like this could never have gone straight retail without there being a plethora of questions on setup. The bios is so comprehensive some insight was required by end users before a hard launch. I Still see people running on auto settings for months before they have the ability to fully dabble. This one's gonna take some work to master..

regards

Raja

same situation here, I have everything you see in the sig except the mobo, but I'm not sorry cause when I get it I'll tweak it till it bleeds :P