Official LanParty ICFX3200-T2R/G Discussion Thread

This thread is here to try and be the first place to come for help before making a new thread for LanParty ICFX3200-T2/G & LanParty ICFX3200-T2R/G.

We'll try something a little different here. There's a couple of really good "build guide" threads for the LanParty NF4 boards. I've got a picture tutorial, EdJacobson has a really good setup step-by-step guide, as does Rgone. Those 3 threads answer 90% of all the questions when it comes to getting the motherboard, cpu, RAM, etc all put together and through the boot-up & BIOS setup process.

What we will try to do here is give you as much information as we can as it comes in. We will also try to answer as many questions as possible in this thread and then update the first few posts with the answers to these questions (a la FAQ style) in a hopefully organized format.

I've begun by taking a picture of each BIOS screen on the ICFX3200-T2R/G motherboard, and given it a lable (1, 3A, 13B, etc).

NOTE: RAID array setup / RAID BIOS screens I have not gotten to yet, they will be added as soon as I get to them

TonyOCZ's BIOS Tweak Guide

Angry's ICFX3200 BIOS Screens

The Rig:

DFI LanParty ICFX3200-T2R/G

Core2 E6600

4x1GB OCZ PC2-6400 (ATI Crossfire Certified)

Leadtek 7950GT 256MB (soon to be 2x X1900XT Crossfires)

Hitachi 80GB SATA II

LiteOn SATA DVD-RW

Antec Trio 650w psu

DangerDen watercooling

When asking questions, please try to reference the BIOS/screenshot label so I or others can look to see exactly where you are.

I will also be putting up an 'initial build guide' with pictures for those of you who have never fooled with an Intel setup before.

PS: Don't ask when it is coming out. The day you or we hear when it is at Newegg, we will let you know, or you will let us know. I do not have a timetable on them. When I hear one, I will post it so you won't have to ask. The only answer I will give is my standard "Tuesday" which means on a Tuesday, it will come out. Which Tuesday, I have no clue, but I will let you know the instant I hear something official from my bossmans.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Archangel

AnAndTech has a review of this board and they list the price at $229.99USD. The board is pretty much on par with every other new offer out there for Conroe. In CrossFire mode, this board (even though it's only X8 in CrossFire mode) still managed to win a few benchmarks when it's not tieing the rest of the time. The Promise SATA controller looked disappointing in terms of the performance but the SB600 clearly performed a lot better. The link to the full article is below. It's a good read and definitely makes me want thhis board. The price and performance make this board a must have I think from what I've read.

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2891

quick question, the Northbridge(?) heatsink (the one that says lanparty) seems very close to the CPU socket... will a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 pro fit ? the review said the Scythe Infinity will have trouble but doesn't specifically state if it will or not

thanks.

really looking forward to this board =]

LanParty ICFX3200-T2/G & LanParty ICFX3200-T2R/G

HG hopefully this is not a stupid question but what is the difference between the T2/G and T2R/G?

Jason

one has the extra Promise SATA RAID controller on it (same difference as NF4 SLI-D and SLI-DR basically)

Serial ATA with

RAID

• Four Serial ATA ports supported by ATI SB600

- SATA speed up to 3Gb/s

- RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 0+1

• Four Serial ATA ports supported by Promise PDC40719

(LP UT ICFX3200-T2R/G only)

- SATA speed up to 3Gb/s

- RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1 and RAID 5

• 8 Serial ATA connectors (LP UT ICFX3200-T2R/G only)

4 Serial ATA connectors (LP UT ICFX3200-T2/G only)

;) (Travis beat me to it)

I added the performance option tables into the guide, its pretty much complete now apart from showing tweaked out setting for different dimms.

Side note the ATI 6400 works quite well on this board at ddr800 but tweaked out ;) i will show some screenies for those looking to gain 20%+ bandwidth soon.

Guest Archangel
:drool:

Lookin Good!!

Price seems right too.

I definitely have to agree. The price will sell this board weasily compared to Asus's insanely overpriced motherboards. Once I can get my hands on one of these, it's definitely time to move over to Conroe. Does anyone have any OCZ PC2-6400 Titanium Alpha Dual Channel to test in this board? As much as the ATI memeory looks nice and all, the timings on the Titanium Alpha are a bit better and it's only $4.00 more.