OCZ DDR2 for Core 2 Duo build?

JiveTurkey

So I've been away for a bit but am hoping you fine folks can give me some input on OCZ RAM. I've always loved their products and support, so I try to do business with them whenever I can. However, I have seen a number of articles about difficulty they've had recently with their RAM with SPDs, MB compatibility, etc.

I'd like to pick up a 2x1 GB DDR2-800 kit, but is OCZ still the way to go? And it looks like they've got Gold, Platinum, Platinum Rev. 2... any favorites here on the Street? (I'll be overclocking but nothing extreme.) On the other hand, it appears the Corsair XMS2 CL4 & CL5 kits are getting rave reviews all over the place...

Appreciate it guys, and happy holidays.

check the Stock Speed Database...I've got quite a few entries in it with OCZ DDR2

also check the Overclocking Database...overclock entries in there too.

I highly recommend OCZ DDR2.

If you are gonna go with the RD600 Core2 board when it comes out, or the Infinity CFX3200 (socket AM2 AMD) then you want the OCZ PC2-6400 ATI Crossfire Certified stuff as it is optimized for ATI chipsets.

I have 4x1GB of those, and 2x1GB of the Platinum GX (5-5-5-15 1000Mhz) and 2x1GB of the Gold GX (5-6-6-15 1000Mhz). All of them do 1000Mhz easily on AMD and have never limited me on the COre2 system at all ;)