Sign in to follow this  
Kaxx

Opty 165 owners on air, what temps you getting

Core0 44° core1 is 32° with 1.35v at idle.

Ouch, those are high temps for idle @ 1.35 vcore. I'd redo your heatsink and thermal compound.

Ouch, those are high temps for idle @ 1.35 vcore. I'd redo your heatsink and thermal compound.

I have read two different ways of installing AS5 one is to put a couple of drops on and smear it around with a baggy over your finger then scrape it off with a credit card the other is to put a couple of drops on and then your heatsink. I did the first way. Is there a better way to install it. Is the large discrepancy between cores normal for dual cores?

I put a small size grain of rice (actually smaller) in the center of the CPU, then without pushing the AS5 plunger touch the tip of the AS5 tube to all 4 corners (very very tiny dabs result) of the CPU. I've never smeared it across the CPU. When applying the heatsink to the CPU, give it a few twists after tightening it clockwise and counterclockwise as far as it will go in the socket.

I put a small size grain of rice (actually smaller) in the center of the CPU, then without pushing the AS5 plunger touch the tip of the AS5 tube to all 4 corners (very very tiny dabs result) of the CPU. I've never smeared it across the CPU. When applying the heatsink to the CPU, give it a few twists after tightening it clockwise and counterclockwise as far as it will go in the socket.

I just took the cooler off and cleaned the cpu with Arctic Clean 1 and 2 and then put the cooler that came with the cpu on. It had never been installed before and came with the paste already on it. The temps are the same. Do you think there is a problem with cpu, it is only about 2 weeks old? I have checked it with Core Temp and A64 Info and they both read about the same.

liquid pro sucks

Not if used properly. But then that is how it is with most things.

I just took the cooler off and cleaned the cpu with Arctic Clean 1 and 2 and then put the cooler that came with the cpu on. It had never been installed before and came with the paste already on it. The temps are the same. Do you think there is a problem with cpu, it is only about 2 weeks old? I have checked it with Core Temp and A64 Info and they both read about the same.

Check out fatal2bu's post above. See the difference between his stock and TT temps? I'd think yours should be similar, bc (even though his seem high, but I;m sure his IHS is on. Still kinda high in my opinion). You shouldn't have the same temps with both coolers. Try out your good HSF again, I'll bet if you do it properly (I gotta recommend AS5) you'll get better temps.

Check out fatal2bu's post above. See the difference between his stock and TT temps? I'd think yours should be similar, bc (even though his seem high, but I;m sure his IHS is on. Still kinda high in my opinion). You shouldn't have the same temps with both coolers. Try out your good HSF again, I'll bet if you do it properly (I gotta recommend AS5) you'll get better temps.

I have been running at 1800mhz with 1.35v temps are 46 & 35 while just reading through these forums. I always use AS5. It doesn't seem right that the temps are about the same With the 2 coolers. I will swap out the coolers later and report back, thanks.:)

Kaxx.

I swapped out the coolers again and installed AS5 per your recomendation temps are core0 38 core1 26 so they have dropped some. Thanks.:)

glad to hear it, BC. Get yourself a little more airflow in that case and let the AS5 cure a few days and get a true idle temp (let it sit for about 10-20minutes without so much as a mouse movement), you should be even better. Then after that give her the hottest stress-test you can for about 30 min.'s and see what your load temps are. '

Good Luck!!