Sign in to follow this  
darkesha

...simply cant boot it anymore...

Well it would appear that the old power supply can get the board to boot but,

It is not enough for the board to work 100%.

And your Noisetaker does not work.

Take the Noisetaker back and swap it for a different brand (OCZ).

Is the Noistaker an Revision 2? (REV 2)

These have cold boot problems on the DFI board.

well when i got the issue of not being able to pass logo, i was still running on my old psu. then i went and i bought the noisetaker II, which i thought will be good, but with that one i cant complete the clearing of cmos because i get stuck with cold boot. then i put my old psu again as suggested above, so i dont get stuck with cold psu, but still having problem with not being able to pass logo screen.

Guest erico
1. I carefully followed long cmos tutorial. In fact third time when i tried to get it up that way, i went to buy a new PSU which is listed under my signature. all 4 power plugs are connected and beside psu i have only video card cpu and one stick of memory on my mobo. no usb's.

2. The diagnostic LEDs are turning ON, and starting shutting off, all except the last one. Also I can hear only one beep.

any other suggestions?

Yep.. That new PSU that you bought is not very well regarded on the forum. You just bought it.. can you exchange it for a better one? perhaps an OCZ PSU.

Try the long CMOS clear for 8 hrs or longer. You seem to be almost there since you are down to one LED. Look in the bottom of my SIG for the link to ExRoadies Long CMOS Clear procedure. Bottom of my SIG also has a link to MOBO diagnostic LEDs.

Yep.. That new PSU that you bought is not very well regarded on the forum. You just bought it.. can you exchange it for a better one? perhaps an OCZ PSU.

Try the long CMOS clear for 8 hrs or longer. You seem to be almost there since you are down to one LED.

well im stuck on the one led since i got the problem. and previous psu used to run with no problems for almost two years, so i hope it will clear cmos at some time.

Guest erico
well when i got the issue of not being able to pass logo, i was still running on my old psu. then i went and i bought the noisetaker II, which i thought will be good, but with that one i cant complete the clearing of cmos because i get stuck with cold boot. then i put my old psu again as suggested above, so i dont get stuck with cold psu, but still having problem with not being able to pass logo screen.

Well. it is going to continue happening until you follow the advice that you have been given.

It is your RIG... make informed choices so you can achieve what you want, ..otherwise, don't complain when it doesn't work as you expect it to..

Cheers

:)

As suggested earlier - you have the NoiseTaker II which is known to have cold boot issues with the board. Take it back dude - and have a look at the recommended PSU guide and get something which is known to be a proven performer... You've already been recommended the OCZ Gamextreme, but the FSP FX models and the corsair 620 are also great choices.

As suggested earlier - you have the NoiseTaker II which is known to have cold boot issues with the board. Take it back dude - and have a look at the recommended PSU guide and get something which is known to be a proven performer... You've already been recommended the OCZ Gamextreme, but the FSP FX models and the corsair 620 are also great choices.

i alrady said 3-4 times, that i used antec's psu for over a year and never had issues. then something happened and i couldnt boot anymore. i WENT and tried to get gamextreme, but it was out of stock. by sellers recomendation, i got this one, and i dont use it. im pretty sure board is out of order, after 304 days of non-stop downloading, which shouldnt be big effort for any compoment (by my opinion).

im pretty sure board is out of order

Then RMA the board. When you get it back and it works you'll be set. If it doesn't work then you can get a psu that is known not to cause problems.

ok, i got the OCZ will post the update when i find a time to try it.

also if some can give me more details about RMA-ing the board, in the case nothing works out. bussiness where i got it from seems closed, and that was the only place in the city where i could get the board from.

as per the rules I should be able to look and see your location or residence area and see no such thing...no idea how you might rma if no location listed as per rules of the forum which you said "yes to" when you registered to post...

RGone...:confused:

OK, I returned the noise taker and got OCC Gamextreme 600W PSU. Tried proper recovery after 4 days of being unplugged. Still doesnt work.

Before Icompletlly give up, I am wondering if there is anyone who can clarify his step:

Move the PC Speaker jumper to the ON position.

(from proper clearing CMOS list).

That is the only one thing that might not be done properly because I dont know which jumper is this, and where has to be moved. There is few blue jumpers and there is speaker written beside (or above) one of them. If i moved it to (which?) other position, is it suppose to stay there, and next time when i try the procedure i should put it back to the place where is right now, or what ? I am trying to make is 100 percent correctly and even trying all other possible combinations, and still no success.

Is there anyone who is familiar with RMA procedure to tell me when is it applicable, and is it supposed to be done under warranty and what is the warranty for this thing? Also if there is someone from Canada that know and is eager to tell me their contact phone, if no, i will find it myself. So how to do this RMA-ing if it is possible at all?

Thank you.

p.s. pretty sure that the store that sold me the board is now closed so no way to go back to the seller...reason why i bought it from them, is that they were the only seller of this board that i could find in the city (calgary,Ab).

p.p.s. sorry for no residence thing, now updated. probably havent seen it or didnt have time to fill it up when i was signing the first time.

That is the only one thing that might not be done properly because I dont know which jumper is this, and where has to be moved. There is few blue jumpers and there is speaker written beside (or above) one of them. If i moved it to (which?) other position, is it suppose to stay there, and next time when i try the procedure i should put it back to the place where is right now, or what ? I am trying to make is 100 percent correctly and even trying all other possible combinations, and still no success.

speaker.jpg

You want to leave the jumper in the On position so that you can hear the Beep Codes when booting.