Sign in to follow this  
jcll2002

evercool temps

With fsb up to 325mhz, the chipset temps are alot higher than what ive seen from other people. The voltage is 1.6v (rather than 1.5 for stability)

I ask because it gets kind of annoying because it gets loud.

Its always 45-46c using smart guardian.

Those temps do look a bit higher than what other people are getting with the Evercool VC-RE. But temp wise, I think it's still fine. When I had the stock chipset cooler, it was always around 44-47 with barely any overclocking.

Since you are using a higher voltage on the chipset, it no doubt adds to the heat. You could always upgrade the cooler to something like a Thermalright HR-05 or Noctua NC-U6 (which I have) or just live with the noise. :/

Are you sure you need that extra 0.1V on the chipset? Mine can overclock stable without increasing chipset voltage.

Guest Blooz1

I'm also using a VC-RE on my chipset with Ceramique, but my idle temps usually run 38-40C at 1.5V. Load temps are usually about 4-5C higher.

I have an Evercool 120MM fan in a Scythe "Kama Bay" in my front drive bay area which helps a lot with the chipset and PWMIC temps. It's a bit noisy, but it keeps that whole corner of the MB cooled down!

I have the Evercool VC-RE and the current idle temp is 44C( with the stock cooler I was gettng temps of about 52C idle ). If you find the fan annoyingly lous go into your bios and change the temperature at which the fan ramps up to full speed.

i went back to 1.5v chipset and im orthosing it right now. the idle was about 42 and load 45.

I also had the LTD voltage +.1. would that affect chipset temps at all?

its not that its that loud, im just watercooled which is almost silent. (Except for my raptor)

EDIT thats weird, my pwmic would never go above 42c (have fan over it) but now with that chipset voltage drop its at 49c while stressing. weird.

Yes, the PWMIC is essentially a resistor, so the lower it has to regulate the voltage, the more heat it generates.

My chipset also runs mid-40s but that doesn't bother me. I don't have it in a case so there's not much airflow over the motherboard.

there isnt great airflow in mine either. Im watercooled and theres also a heap of cables (not THAT bad) that blocks airflow. I put an 80mm fan over the chipset/pwmic...