Sign in to follow this  
bchivers

Memory dividers?

I am OC'd at 2832mhz multipier 9 FSB 315.7 HT link is 631. Memory is 5:4 I think(running at 166) 3-4-4-9 3.0v 1T. I am happy with the speed of the cpu but I would like to do it with a 1:1 divider. Is this posible? I have tried 3-3-3-9, 3-4-4-9, 2.5-3-3-5, 3-5-5-10, 2.5-3-3-6, 2.5-4-4-7, 3-3-3-5, 3-4-4-10, with dividers at 166, 180, 200. The only ones that will boot are 3-4-4-8 and 3-4-4-9 with a 166 divider.

Secondary Memory timings play a big role in OCing the RAM. I'd suggest setting everything to auto with the exception of the 3-4-4-8 or whatever stock timings are supposed to be and Enabling Command Per Clock. Then open up A64 Tweaker (Do a search if you don't have it) and wrtie down the timings that it shows. Then go back into your BIOS and manually put these values in. Run Prime 95 for at least a couple of hours, and if it passed then start tweaking (loosening??) your upper timings (3-4-4-8, ets.) I really doubt you can get a 1:1 divider @ over 300 fsb, but I don't know much about your RAM.

This should at least give you a starting point.

Secondary Memory timings play a big role in OCing the RAM. I'd suggest setting everything to auto with the exception of the 3-4-4-8 or whatever stock timings are supposed to be and Enabling Command Per Clock. Then open up A64 Tweaker (Do a search if you don't have it) and wrtie down the timings that it shows. Then go back into your BIOS and manually put these values in. Run Prime 95 for at least a couple of hours, and if it passed then start tweaking (loosening??) your upper timings (3-4-4-8, ets.) I really doubt you can get a 1:1 divider @ over 300 fsb, but I don't know much about your RAM.

This should at least give you a starting point.

I was under the impression that my ram was running at 166mhz but I just opened A64 Info and found out that it is running at 249mhz which makes me feel better. My HT buss speed is 753, is this too high, should I try to get it lower?

Kaxx, I will try your suggestion later today, thanks.:)