RDX200 CF-DR worth buying

Everywhere I have looked in Canada, there near the same price or within $30 of eachother. Unless there was a recent price drop.

Here in uk the rdx200 is ~£35 and the cfx3200 are ~£110, even a 2nd hand one on ebay I saw a cfx3200 go for around £70

I have the Plextor px-716a DVD/RW and it doesnt show up in my device manager (O only see a generic cdrom frive).

Is this the reason I have a question mark in the device list and does any1 have a workaround i.e. know of a solution to get this drive recognized?

Thanks.

Download the latest BIOS from the DFI website and flash the motherboard. That should resolve the issue. I have the same board and DVD burner in another system. I have no problems with it. Here's the website:

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bio..._FLAG=A&SITE=NA

I have the Plextor px-716a DVD/RW and it doesnt show up in my device manager (O only see a generic cdrom frive).

Is this the reason I have a question mark in the device list and does any1 have a workaround i.e. know of a solution to get this drive recognized?

Thanks.

I downloaded and installed the latest firmware version from the plextor site (v1.09) and now it shows up in device manager, but I still have an unknown device. Think it might have to do with my maxtor drive as it shows as a generic hard drive. I'll do a bit more tinkering :)

I was speaking of the motherboard. Flash your motherboard with the BIOS code 2005/12/23 using the web link I've provided in my last post.

Hi Guys, the board arrived yesterday along with my Opty 175 so I swapped my ole 3700 sandy out for the opty 175 in my NF4 SLI-DR, and proceeded to setup the RDX200, installed the 3700, a gig of KVR RAM and a 6600GT, took the HDD out of the spare rig after running sysprep to prepare the OS for a Mobo swap and it booted fine, I have not checked what BIOS is installed and have not updated it yet, I have a mild OC out of it, FSB 220 2.4Ghz stock Vcore, seems stable but have not had time to do much testing yet since I'm back at work again