58 replies to this topic

#13 Redbeaver

Redbeaver

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:45 PM

The baby wasnt in a crib, he or she was in a car seat in the living room beside the parents mattress which was on the floor. I only got that info from reading all of the article.

I personally have to say a great deal of the blame has to lay on the parents. I mean, how could anyone sleep through something like that with the child in the same room?!?

Granted, thats just my insight, but lets try to put some rationality into this. As far as the 6 week old puppy, Thats a hard question, we cant ask the puppy if he was merely trying to nurse (one of the vet's first thoughts). Maybe the 2 parents should also be charged with animal neglegence, if the dog was actually eating the babies toes because it was hungry. Before anyone goes running off at the mouth about ZOMFG it was a pitbull blah blah blah blah BS, remember more people are seriously injured by poodles every year. (more @ HitandRun than anyone else). Killing the dog wont solve the problem, if you really think it will you need to seriously reconsider your moral values.

*akh... caught redhanded:p

ok i didnt read the whole article, but i read the part where thers a vet saying they dog may only try to nurse the baby... sure, i can understand that... dogs are cute... regardless its a pit bull or a chihuahua, so i wont blame the dog at all.

ok, so the baby not in a crib. i read that the parents were sleeping and thus id assume without reading the full article that it was a t night and a baby must be sleeping in a crib as oppose on the parents bed (i logically cant, probably wont, think of any other place a baby should sleep at that age), so i was wrong. but like what Tao said above, u supposed to keep an eye on the dog regardless.

as my previous post: its the parents' fault. no matter how u look at it.

#14 3stars

3stars

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2039 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:04 PM

some people should be neutered my god talk about scum.
you never keep a dog or cat or any animal well apart from a hamster or gerbil with or near children when there asleep.
i agree there a no bad dog's only bad owners. i've got a staffy cross and it goes out at night or when i can't watch her and him(my 3yr old)
to throw your child out the window well one good turn deserves another so out she goes

#15 dr_bowtie

dr_bowtie

Chronic Haggler...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18282 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:15 PM

some people trully just have accidents....

A few weeks ago there was a 17month old baby that slipped between the rails on a 5 story balcony...hit the concrete and lived...not sure if the baby is still living cuz I never kept up on it...

But there are alot worse things that happen....

The worst here was about last year or the year before a little boy was killed when his momma boyfriend got tired of him whining he was hungry and kicked him so hard in the stomach he flew up and hit the ceiling and broke his neck in the fall....

I know I am one of many that if this dude hits the streets he wont breath long at all....catch my drift...

you know the sick thing is...kids are helpless and dont have a choice in decisions...they have to live with the choices we make....

What make me mad is when I here something like this and then think about my kids who are the same age...I look and wonder and cant help but ask why?

The jackass is too busy playing Xbox to get the kid something to eat so he wouldnt whine...

Man I got kids...and alot of them...right now I have 8 and a new one on the way....some one messes with my kids like that... I hope they have internet in prison...;)

I am no badass by any means but I have had to say something a few times to someone who was man-handling a child more than I thought neccesary...I am pretty strict with my kids and I beleive in giving them a spanking if the time arrises....ok enough for now...;)
Wii-Kart code 2707-2013-4642~~~~~~ Diablo 3 drbowtie#1495

Commodore64....playing Crysis on high

Posted Image

**Noctua Owners Club: Member #2 - NH-D14**

#16 Redbeaver

Redbeaver

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:20 PM

wow..8... good for u, bow! but yeah, spanking is a whole different topic hehe, but i agree wit u :)

yes, i understand accident happens... but... ah well... i just deleted a couple of sentences of this post lol but u get the idea... accident is tough luck. but this aint no accident. things couldve been done better.

#17 zkissane

zkissane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:31 PM

Based on what we know of the story, I think there are far better ways to spend law enforcement and court time than "throwing the book" at these parents. Were they careless? Yeah. But I suspect that all parents have been careless (or at least not as careful as they could be) with their babies at least once. . happens, that's why it's called an accident.

If it comes out that the parents drank too much and passed out or were doing smack and passed out, then, yeah, throw the book at them. Otherwise, I suspect that the guilt that they feel will be more than enough punishment for them.

#18 old_geekster

old_geekster

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:12 PM

The baby wasnt in a crib, he or she was in a car seat in the living room beside the parents mattress which was on the floor. I only got that info from reading all of the article.

I personally have to say a great deal of the blame has to lay on the parents. I mean, how could anyone sleep through something like that with the child in the same room?!?

I agee fully!!

Who the hell else can you BLAME, the parents, of course! The baby should have been in a bassinet or crib, not in a carseat on the floor.

A "Pitbull" is not a dog to have around babies, however. How many "Cocker Spaniels" have hurt someone lately.

It is not babies having babies that is the problem, either. I was 19 yoa and my wife was 16 yoa when our first child was born. We had more sense than to leave a baby on the floor.

I think letting the pup knaw on the parents genitals would stop it from ever happening again.:mad:
Cooler Master, Wave Master (Silver)
Samsung, SyncMaster 226BW
DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra D 939
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo
OCZ, GXS 600W
OCZ, Gold GX 2GB
XFX, GeForce 7900GTX (665MHz) 512MB
Hitachi, Deskstar 7K80 (2 ea.)
XP Pro SP3; Ubuntu, Hardy Heron 8.04 (Second drive)

#19 Thasp

Thasp

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1638 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:19 PM

They better not blame the dog.

When I was a kid, and an infant, my dog protected me.. if a squirrel came by while I was crawling on the grass outside, it ran at it. It helped me when I fell down trying to walk.

I'm not saying the parents aren't at fault, they are. Babies go in cribs. But domesticated dogs aren't supposed to eat infants, under any circumstances. You can't not blame the dog here alongside the parents, the dog also deserves blame and punishment for eating the baby.

#20 Coors

Coors

????? ????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3668 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:23 PM

I agree that the dog shouldn't be blamed but the sad truth is that it will probably get the needle.

And some dogs can be overly aggressive when it comes to newborn babies or even older kids that it isn't used to. It's a territory type thing.

Aorus X470 Gaming 7 - AMD Ryzen 2700X - EVGA GTX1080 TI - 2x16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 3200Mhz - 2x Crucial M4 256GB/ 1TB Hitachi - Enermax 1020w

Sager NP9170 - i7 3720QM - GTX680m - 16GB 1600Mhz - 2x Crucial M4 256GB

Shuttle SP35P2V2 - E8600 4Ghz - eVGA 8800GTX ACS KO - 2x2GB g.skill PK - Samsung 500GB/2x Samsung 1TB

#21 kccustom

kccustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:32 PM

Rats probably got the toes, this is the first time I have ever heard of a dog doing something like that. Either way its a damn shame.

#22 boywander

boywander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:37 PM

The good old 'blame' thinking. The first example, they already lost their kid... from the sound of it the child was right next to them and so couldn't have cried out or anything, and there is no little doubt over just how it happened. Broadly with branjo's post there.
Can't swear I'd feel the same way if I had a family and pets myself, though.

#23 red930

red930
  • Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:25 AM

I agree that the dog shouldn't be blamed but the sad truth is that it will probably get the needle.

And some dogs can be overly aggressive when it comes to newborn babies or even older kids that it isn't used to. It's a territory type thing.

Here is a brainshock for some of you:

The baby was like very young right, the pup was 6 weeks old...

Ding! maby the parents were thinking that if they grew up together bla bla, you get my drift.

Something else i didnt see in this thread:

A pup will be getting theeths <---spelling btw:) wich is why pups always start biting things, it hurts to get them....
As for the baby in the seat in the livingroom and the dog beeing loose there too, thats just plain stupidity

The dog should be held in a cage at night and the baby in a cribb.
But since the parents where on the floor too they might have a situation where they are still redoing the house....

Basecly im thinking the whole situation could accur by absolutly no brains what so ever

Dont spread your legs if you aint got a room to spare, nor the money to raise the animals /kids.
In the end of the day prob the dog will loose his life due to stupid house-hold-inplementation.....(whoa! big word here;) )
Taking a baby in your bed a night might kill it too and faster then you realize....
But thats just me...

#24 ReelFiles

ReelFiles

Posting Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12218 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:47 AM

I googled this, and it seems that all the news reports are almost identical to the T, so it's hard to speculate what happened, either they were new in the house like KrankyOldLady said, or they are getting high, I mean who can sleep through their babies' cries? I have a 16months old son and I tell ya them cries go right through you, like fingernails on a chalkboard. When it's your own kid it seems almost amplified compared to someone else's kids' crying, so they had to be either high, not there or passed out from partying.