More Stupid Freakin' Parents...

PhoetuS

Dont get me wrong, I see where you are coming from, I just dont agree with you. Its nothing personal, and I do respect your opinion. Being a parent gives me and some others a whole different viewpoint though, someday youll understand.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r3d c0m3t

Well, I believe there's more to the story than just that...but from what I read I surely believe the parents are to blame at least to some extent. What the hell was a pitbull doing in a baby's crib? Whether or not some of you believe the dog is at fault, regardless I would've either threw it on the street or have killed it. A baby is far more important than a dog, we're referring to something you may have given life to.

The parents should've kept their baby close to them and/or kept the dog away from the baby's crib.

...What the hell was a pitbull doing in a baby's crib?

You better get some new reading glasses, lol.

That's not what happened.

Im just gonna go pound my head off a wall.

I still stand by the fact that killing an innocent puppy without suitable justification is not the solution.

Yes the parents are to blame no question but how much punishment does a mistake need.

Did they put the puppy there in order to do harm to their baby? absolutely NOT.

Do we have any evidence that they are habitual criminals? absolutely NOT.

If you are a parent then I guarantee you are not a perfect parent and that unknowingly you have put your child at risk sometime in their life.

All I see is a young couple who made a mistake and shouldn't spend the rest of their lives in jail or never knowing their own child.

And when a kid or someone who doesn't even have a child says "jail them take away their baby and kill the dog" then lets hope when you have kids that people aren't so quick to judge you for how you raise them.

EDIT: this isn't directed at anyones previous post its just my personal view.

this is a terrible thing that could've been avoided- and no i don't blame the dog. no dog is ever born to be mean- it's a response to neglect and/or mistreatment.

the parents are at fault, no question- do they deserve their kids taken away- YES! an asskicking? probably!

it's a parent's responsibility to be sure things like this do not happen. my baby would be sleeping on my chest before i'd leave him/her on the floor- much less in a carrier seat for anything longer than a nap(the baby not me). in the old days if you didn't have a crib a dresser drawer would do- whether or not it was a dog, a cat, a rat, or dust mites, being that close to the floor is not healthy. for pete's sake- baby's toes shouldn't have been exposed either!

in my experience this says a lot about the parents- you'd have to be sleeping off a crack binge or drunk to not hear the baby. maybe one could sleep thru it, but never both. they probably weren't even in the same room. my wife has "mom" hearing. she could hear our child cry from the next county. one chirp is all it takes- and she's kicking my butt to life cuz it's my turn to get up. this is something any dad can vouch for me on. it's almost supernatural-

i'm probably just preaching to the choir here- but it feels good to vent after hearing of such irresponsible stupidity. sorry for the rant- but i get so angry when i think this could have been avoided so easily.

Not necessarily. If the baby was asleep it's possible she wouldn't have started crying until she woke up.

It's possible the baby woke up after having a toe bitten off.

Infact, it's quite possible it woke up right after the tooth of the dog first sunk in, but that's just me. Maybe I'm a light sleeper, but if someone bites me, I wake up.