Sign in to follow this  
ShadeZeRO

Anyone have a mitsubishi HDTV?

Just wondering if anyone else has a mitsubishi TV.

Apparently my TV can 'upconvert' to 1080p. I'm just wondering how the hell do you go about doing that.

It's not in the manual, only in the product description.

Just wondering if anyone else has a mitsubishi TV.

Apparently my TV can 'upconvert' to 1080p. I'm just wondering how the hell do you go about doing that.

It's not in the manual, only in the product description.

I have one... but it's an older (2003) RP. 1080i is as good as i get, and in the menusettings, it always says 960i anyways....

but, there's no way to beat gaming at 1920X1080 in 46", esp. considering i only paid $400 for it.

When I watch TV, it always says 1080i on the top left.

When I play PS2 depending on the game, it's anywhere from 480p to 1080i.

I've tried hooking my PC up to the TV with 1920x1080 resolution, but it can't handle it with my DVI cable.

I think it only supports 1080p via IEEE (firewire) connections.

I'm using component (3-wire), and run Oblivion in 1920x1080 with all eyecandy on, just to gawk. it's a slide show(til' i get my other 1900 this week), but still just... amazing.

I have one... but it's an older (2003) RP. 1080i is as good as i get, and in the menusettings, it always says 960i anyways....

but, there's no way to beat gaming at 1920X1080 in 46", esp. considering i only paid $400 for it.

ya yours is probably the same or slightly newer than ours (42" rear projection 1080i/480p/480i HD-ready)

I've not yet hooked up a decent vid card that can do HD output through the composites yet...but i bet it is pretty hardcore for gaming (especially the new 1080p lcd's)

Ya, same exact tv internals, different body is all. actually, the gunsPCB of this is also identical to the 65" mitsu i hav in the living room also, the ONLY difference is the bodymirrorscreen.

btw, I'm using the DVI>component dongle that came with my msi X1900.

this is my bedroom tv, lol. right at the foot of my bed, it "feels" like my 65" downstairs. this is also why i haven't gone to sleep before 6 am in the last 2 weeks... it's too easy to lay in bed with bluetooth KB+mouse and lose all track of the real world.

I have the 73inch DLP.

Mitsubishi WD-73727.

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/j/i/18326?cid=132

It handles lower signals flawlessly. I mean I watch anime, and regular stuff on it. Looks beautiful. I think its my X850xtpe that can't put out right on the TV. I'm using DVI out, I'll try the component cables later.

I thought DVI > Component. Since component is analog cabling versus digital for DVI.

I think its my X850xtpe that can't put out right on the TV

this might be the problem. My X850XTPE wasn't really made for all that HD stuff, but with the right connector for your TV, it should be able to use some custom resolution.

I've decided that if and when I want to move a pc to the big tv, I'm gonna go SLI or Crossfire so it can play all my games in those crazy resolutions ;)

happy, how is the convergence on your set? i have to adjust mine (both sets) every week or so if i want the crispest picture.... get annoying after a while, but, for $400, i cant complain.

shade: BEEYOOTEEFULL set man!

happy, how is the convergence on your set? i have to adjust mine (both sets) every week or so if i want the crispest picture.... get annoying after a while, but, for $400, i cant complain.

shade: BEEYOOTEEFULL set man!

Did this happen all of a sudden or has it always been this way since it was new? If it seems to have appeared one day out of nowhere it's probably a solder joint problem. The convergence ICs used on some sets were misrepresented by the manufacturer. They run hot enough to cause the solder to flow over time. Using 70/30 silver solder, reflow the solder on all the pins of both ICs and it will be fixed for several years.

seems to be worst on my bedroom pc, which stays on the longest (36-48 Hrs sometimes) so gets the hottest.... you may have something there.... do you know of videopictorial on wherehow to do this? i know how to solder fairly competently.

No videopictorial . There are two convergence ICs. One for vertical deflection and one for horizontal. They are a couple of inches long and stand up off the board and are fastened to a large heatsink. The board has to come out to reflow the solder. To get the board out a good portion of the tv has to be disassembled.