advice on my first h2o rig

green-man

If you're going to get rid of the CPU WB and tubing in the kit I'd just try to ger the parts individually. The LAING D5 (Swiftech DD12V-D5 on Vadim's site) is the exact same pump. You might consider a fillport instead of a resevoir; I have the same res in my rig and I've found that a fillport would have been easier (since I ended up mounting the res externally:sad:). You don't really need the mount unless you want the rad external and the Innovatec mount kit would work just fine.

I'd go with the DangerDen perfectseal connectors instead; they came with my rads and work extremely well.

If you can get plastic snap-clips instead that would be easier to work with and faster to install; especially since Thraxz has pointed out that the jubilees can easily cut the tubing

u posted before id finished my last post. i did think about buying seperate bits but in the end its a very simular price & would mean i'd hav to buy off different places, so extra delivery charges too.

it is my first build. so i thought with the swift's mounting bracket it would just be that bit less work.

also i was & am still thinking about a fill & drain port but again its my first build and maybe im just being a bit seafood but seem a bit of a mission. im not totally incapeable dont get me wrong, i do know basic automotive machanics, ie engine watercooling. but with cars u dont hav to worry about h2o on £400 gpu's etc.

i was also thinking about the metal hose connectors with the jubilee clips, so i dont hav to worry about over tightening, which im pritty good at:rolleyes: and also i thought it would mean less mantainence over all.

regards green

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't go wrong with the tygon. Two rads won't hurt, and will cut down on the temps. In the future, I am going to be running two seperate loops with two 240mm rads. Good luck!

i thought it looked pritty sweet to. hopefully it will be pritty strong so i dont hav to worry about what radodrill just said, the jubilee clips pinching thing. what do eney of u lot reckon, i could just replace the tubing when i next hav to re-install??

i also think i'll need the extra rad as my c2d gets f**king hot when i o/c over 3.4-3.5Ghz, and i atcually whan to be running at about 3.6 24/7. my e6600 drinks voltage like a british larger lout at those speeds. like 1.6 odd volts

Tygon tubing is the top of the line.

I definately agree with using the Storm; Mine works very well.

On Air my CPU load temps were ~60C @3.76GHz; Now they are down to 38C @3.87GHz. I'm hoping to clock her even further this Christmas break.

Tygon tubing is the top of the line.

I definately agree with using the Storm; Mine works very well.

On Air my CPU load temps were ~60C @3.76GHz; Now they are down to 38C @3.87GHz. I'm hoping to clock her even further this Christmas break.

See now those are good temps all things considered. I want to drop my temps futher, and as such, I am going with another 240mm rad, and possibly another pump as well. I must get all this unused space filled up in the case!!

i thought it looked pritty sweet to. hopefully it will be pritty strong so i dont hav to worry about what radodrill just said, the jubilee clips pinching thing. what do eney of u lot reckon, i could just replace the tubing when i next hav to re-install??

You could even try putting several layers of teflon tape around the tubing (or electrical tape) before putting on the clamps. Just rememder not to overtighten the jubilees as they'll easily cut into the tubing, which can result in leaks. If you can get plastic snap clamps like these in the UK (maybe a hardware/plumbing store) I think they'd work better.

See now those are good temps all things considered. I want to drop my temps futher, and as such, I am going with another 240mm rad, and possibly another pump as well. I must get all this unused space filled up in the case!!

I may replace my el-cheapo 80mm (~28dB) fans with lower-noise models as they're the loudest items in my case. These temps are W/ an 80x2 and an 80x1 rad; so the Storm and MCW60 are doing a superb job.

both ure rig seem . hot to, buy what ure both saying im going to love my h2o rig. i cant wait naw. radodrill ure piture in ure sig looks sweet. hope i can get mine looking as good as that.

alot of u guys who've posted apart from radodrill seem to still be on amd's. i propper loved my old opty144 so im not trying to diss. but dont be loyal to amd theyre chip are naw second rate, if u get the dosh get a c2d. trust me u wont look back.

amd's are still a very good option thought as the price's are so cheep, but if ure gonna go amd2/ddr2 for that money c2d's are the only way 2 go.i'd rather give my money to amd eney way as intel can be arseholes, so when amd are back in fount i'll go back again no probs

both ure rig seem . hot to, buy what ure both saying im going to love my h2o rig. i cant wait naw. radodrill ure piture in ure sig looks sweet. hope i can get mine looking as good as that.

alot of u guys who've posted apart from radodrill seem to still be on amd's. i propper loved my old opty144 so im not trying to diss. but dont be loyal to amd theyre chip are naw second rate, if u get the dosh get a c2d. trust me u wont look back.

amd's are still a very good option thought as the price's are so cheep, but if ure gonna go amd2/ddr2 for that money c2d's are the only way 2 go.i'd rather give my money to amd eney way as intel can be arseholes, so when amd are back in fount i'll go back again no probs

I kind of understand what you're saying here. I have had the 4800 for quite a while now, and really don't plan/need to upgrade anything that is in my sig. My computer is plenty fast enough to play any game I have thrown at it, and it encodes video very fast. Sure the c2d is faster, but it's not worth it for me to tear all my very good components apart to buy. I am waiting for ddr3 to come along, and then I may upgrade. I think this computer will be just great though, for many a days to come.

I kind of understand what you're saying here. I have had the 4800 for quite a while now, and really don't plan/need to upgrade anything that is in my sig. My computer is plenty fast enough to play any game I have thrown at it, and it encodes video very fast. Sure the c2d is faster, but it's not worth it for me to tear all my very good components apart to buy. I am waiting for ddr3 to come along, and then I may upgrade. I think this computer will be just great though, for many a days to come.

Same here. I'll use my AMD until it's not up to par any more. By then hopefully AMD will have something out that will destroy Intel.

Thanks for the comment on my rig; I'll probably reroute the cables to clean up the wiring a bit.

When I built this rig I hadn't really heard much about AMD so I went with Intel. I don't absolutely need a faster rig ATM; but when I do I'll go with whatever performs the best be it AMD or Intel.