Evga 7950gt Ko

Fatawan

lol... Sure this really is'nt a review, but I do somewhat understand where you are coming from. I would be a little annoyed if the fan on my "htpc compliant" video card was generating "xx" decibels. Did you read the specs on the card when you purchased it? Usually it would say as to how many maximum decibels the card would produce while under a full load.

Usually it would say as to how many maximum decibels the card would produce while under a full load.

This is my whole point, you know, my "intangible" evidence. Full load doesn't matter. For instance, from an empty desktop, if I open the configuration screen of my GBPVR(media center) software, which has nothing but a few tabs, no video, no TV activity, just some basic tabs, the fan spins up to 100%. The temp is 40. Although my arguments are empty, that just isn't right. Oddly, EVGA agrees that it isn't right. It's a pre-emptive strike on temps rising, and is unnecessary. Once again, EVGA tech agrees with that empty argument. One must take all information in before making a purchase decision. This is another data point. Some people will appreciate it. Others will buy it anyway.

This is my whole point, you know, my "intangible" evidence. Full load doesn't matter. For instance, from an empty desktop, if I open the configuration screen of my GBPVR(media center) software, which has nothing but a few tabs, no video, no TV activity, just some basic tabs, the fan spins up to 100%. The temp is 40. Although my arguments are empty, that just isn't right. Oddly, EVGA agrees that it isn't right. It's a pre-emptive strike on temps rising, and is unnecessary. Once again, EVGA tech agrees with that empty argument. One must take all information in before making a purchase decision. This is another data point. Some people will appreciate it. Others will buy it anyway.

I understand that. I was just wondering as to whether the spec sheet gave you an idea as to the amount of noise the fan would produce. Personally If you are happy with every other aspect of the video card, from a performance standpoint, I would keep it. Go out and buy a nice cooler, or better yet, buy some watercooling gear, and make that htpc completly silent.

meh..unfortunate at it may be... i respect ur oppinion on evga, but as i mentioned earlier, even if it does perform unequally to the label on the box which entice ur expectation, evga still has the best warranty and support than any other manufacturer. period. In My Honest Oppinion, that is...

so, i can understand if u bash evga, but a little warning... other manufacturer may not be as helpful. think twice before abandoning the evga ship ;)

thus, that might not be true for ur point saying that 'people will buy it anyway', which in some way branding anybody that buys evga product but doesnt case about the noisy fan, as ignorant idiots. which i hope thats not what u meant. which might explain why some people here might feel offended and does not agree to your point.

but anyway

good luck ;)