Sign in to follow this  
pikachinks

Rainbow Six - Las Vegas

I can also give my opinion that it kinda sucks with SLI (ie plays slightly worse than when I disable SLI and use just a single 7950GT 256MB)

it will come along with better drivers dont worry

Kind of sucked for me aswel....but downloaded nhancer and used the f.e.a.r profille with raindow six....simply renamed the exe to f.e.a.r and then the game runs in sli...makes a huge difference to game play performance, runs fine in maxed out settings now...the same method can be used fo AA aswel..

The engine in this games suck, which dont help the FPS!

uh no, the engine does not suck

it is the Unreal3 engine (same engine used for Gears of War and upcoming Unreal3 game)

the engine is fantastic

it is the port to PC job that sucks

93.81 driver here with 7900GT SLI. 1280x9xx (widescreen, i tried 1680x1050, but its a choppy), all high settings, min 25ish, max 60ish, all good.

1 complain tho': singleplayer F***IN SHORT!!! ive yet to try the multi... i hope i can get more out of this $50CAD game :(

93.81 driver here with 7900GT SLI. 1280x9xx (widescreen, i tried 1680x1050, but its a choppy), all high settings, min 25ish, max 60ish, all good.

1 complain tho': singleplayer F***IN SHORT!!! ive yet to try the multi... i hope i can get more out of this $50CAD game :(

get on late at night and play some co-op terrorist hunt (or storyline) with us...its a FREAKING BLAST (look at my xfire sig down there...when is the last time you saw me put 20 hours into a game in a few days??)

You can monitor your framerates w/RivaTuner,7900GTO stock and Opty 148 stock , I get btw 15-30 fps, little laggy but still playable, thats w/

1280x960

V sync = on

Hdwr Skinning = off

HDR = on

Shadow Q = Med

Motion Blur = on

Blur Q = Med

Eye Adapt = on

Turning V synch off got me btw 25-45 fps

I'm gonna be doing a little testing w/diff settings, resolutions and cpu OCed, GFX OCed ,etc.

i have an unnattended windows and i can't enter my name so the default pc name is "Administrator" so when I play this game in coop my name is "administrator" does somebody nows how to change my name in the game?

I wan't my real name!

thanks !

i have an unnattended windows and i can't enter my name so the default pc name is "Administrator" so when I play this game in coop my name is "administrator" does somebody nows how to change my name in the game?

I wan't my real name!

thanks !

this is one of the reasons why this game is a poor port from Xbox360

Xbox360 relies on your 'gamertag' which is just your Live account. The way they are tied into the 360 can be downright maddening at times (like you can't have someone using controller #2 to save a game unless controller #2 is tied to an Xbox Live account, whether a full-fledged account, or a "local" account.

The problem lies within the game looking for the 'user' account, and since it stores your user data inside My Documents (within your user account), the game, just like it does on the 360, simply uses that account name for everything.

(ie on Xbox Live, the only way to change your name in different games is to have different Xbox Live accounts with those names)

anyway, getting ready to play some Vegas in about 15 minutes

I have tryed changing the account name in the windows registry

maybe I can change the ingame name

here's the easy solution

create a limited user account with whatever name you want to use, and then install Rainbow Six for all users, and then login as the created username and blammo it shows whatever username your Windows account is named