Rainbow Six - Las Vegas

pikachinks

never play FPS on a computer with a gamepad...it's like worshipping Satan openly at a Catholic Mass
…I’ve started using the gamepad since I played Quake II; I recall, it was difficult for me to do look-up/down using keyboard in the game (I thing that looking up/down by mouse did not work, but I could be wrong…). I gave up using the keyboard and bought the game pad to play the game - my first PC gamepad was from Gravis (but, for some reasons, I did not use the game pad when playing the Unreal Tournament). I used it for years, and then tried new ones from Ideazon; ZBaord > Meric > Fang. I like the Fang most, so recently I’ve used the game pad when playing the FPS games, such as F.E.A.R., Half-Life II, Pain Killer, Far Cry…etc.

Now I am going back to the keyboard to play the games again… My keyboard is Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000, and I do not like to use it for playing games. I looked at the price of the Logitec G15. Expensive. I might pick up the Saitek Eclipse…

Anyway, as I mentioned in my previous message, I am a kind of old school FPS gamer. I am having hard time to change my ‘Run & Gun’ mind-set

I even hated the missions in the half Life 2 & Episode One that require the player to command/guide/help the NPCs. I actually killed the comrade NPCs using the sentry gun once ‘cause they just got in my way and took my marks.

…maybe I picked up the wrong game myself….

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic