BIOS help: How to disable temps controlling fans

Hi

Just wondering, in the Experts BIOS there is a page with temperature values that will either turn off my fans or turn them completely on. Now I don't mind using this feature for CPU, but I have a passive NB cooler and my GFX cards fan hooked up to the NB fan connector. As I don't want the BIOS stopping and starting the gfx cards fan depending on the NB temperature is there anyway to disable this feature?

Here's a capture I found of the BIOS page in question:

monitoring.jpg

lol... are you serious, that is the only way I can do it? There must be a BIOS revision or something that will allow me to just disable this feature. I can't understand why there are so many options in the BIOS to damage my system by disabling but something as mundane as this can't be disabled.

You see my NB is cooled by a lapped HR05 and coollabs liquid pro, so it idles below 26'c. I don't want my GFX card fan being turned off just because I have a cold NB.

Any other ideas about disabling it?

i ran into this problem with the hookup of the Coolit Freezer, since the system idles below the 25*c shutoff value, the CPU fan contoller was cycling on and off at a rapid pace, very annoying and the temps jumps all over the place. same holds true for the other fan headers that are monitored, like your plugin of the vid card to the board.

solved by canning the factory directions and plugging the units cooling fan directly to a 12 volt source via a four pin molex to three pin connector.

now it idles much lower (14*c) and no large fluctuations causes by fan cycling.

and yes, there is no way around it bios wise, so if you idle below the 25* threshold, it presents a problem.

i am off to check for a solution.

later,

baldy