Dual Core recognized?

I recently installed my Opteron 1212 Dual Core. I installed all of the AMD drivers and dual core optimizers. When I go to my task manager and look at the 'performance' tab, it only shows one CPU. In a thread about dual priming that HG posted, it showed two cpu's (one instance of prime running on each one). Anyways, is there something else I need to do to get my OS to recognize and utilize my dual core setup? Another thing that I thought was odd was when I open half life 2 and in the console it lists my system specs, it says '1 CPU, 3012 Mhz'. Should it say '2 cpu, 3012 Mhz'? Thanks!!!

I too think your mobo doesn't "see" the second CPU. It's not a driver issue, the CPUs are supposed to work in windows without any driver at all. If the Windows doesn't see the second CPU it usually means that the BIOS doesn't see it either, unless you installed the Win using a single core CPU. In this latter case it is possible that although you've installed all the drivers the second CPU isn't recognised.

I'm glad!! It showed two processors in device manager, but not in task manager. I think it was using both cores, just not UTILIZING both of them. My benchmarks went up, my everest benchies went up drastically. So to those of you out there going DC from a SC, install OS with new processor.