Can't decide between 360 or PS3? Check it.

Yukon Trooper

If your trying to decide what next-gen console to buy for the holidays then check out these links.

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm (Article)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=...ype=mov&pl=game (HD side by side video comparison)

http://www.xboxtoday.ca/12082006/14/xbox_3...3_at_the_apollo (Article)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6956/image18dz2.jpg (High resolution side by side image comparison)

As far as I can tell PS3 is coming up short. Not a fan boy or anything but even if I was I'd have all the fan boy ammo I would need to fight a fan boy war with these articles and comparisons. Enjoy!

The 360 is looking really appealing to me right now. It's a nice system that has quite a few games I want to play. The Wii looks very nice as well, although I'm kind of let down by most of the launch titles. That's one big thing the 360 has going for it: time. Second-gen games are coming out for it at the same time the other systems are launching, so of course it's going to look better all around. I expect that by next fall, the other two systems will have the same thing happen to them.

It's really down to the software that the console will carry that will affect your decision. Go look up the games companies that you like, and find out which console that they signed up with. The Xbox 360 and the PS3 both have really nice visuals but both have yet showed the true potential of their hardware. The PS3 has beefier hardware and can shoot out 1080p resolution and has a built-in next-gen DVD player but cost 600+ bucks. The Xbox is cheaper but if you want to watch HD-DVD's you will have to whip out an additional 200 dollars for the player. The Wii has an innovative new way of playing but players beware the strap is loose. I know a few people that have throwing the controller accidently and broke their LCD TV.

Pro

XBoX 360 - Halo 3, Gears of War

PS3 - Resistance of Man, Gran Turmismo HD

Wii - Mario World, Zelda

What will you play.. =)

It's really down to the software that the console will carry that will affect your decision. Go look up the games companies that you like, and find out which console that they signed up with. The Xbox 360 and the PS3 both have really nice visuals but both have yet showed the true potential of their hardware. The PS3 has beefier hardware and can shoot out 1080p resolution and has a built-in next-gen DVD player but cost 600+ bucks. The Xbox is cheaper but if you want to watch HD-DVD's you will have to whip out an additional 200 dollars for the player. The Wii has an innovative new way of playing but players beware the strap is loose. I know a few people that have throwing the controller accidently and broke their LCD TV.

Pro

XBoX 360 - Halo 3, Gears of War

PS3 - Resistance of Man, Gran Turmismo HD

Wii - Mario World, Zelda

What will you play.. =)

Yes but what about the consumers who don't want (or need) to have a next-gen player? Early adopters will care a lot, but for the general majority of us, we will probably stick with our trusty DVDs until a clear winner is declared and the format is more standardized.

Microsoft has the right way this time: allow the HD-DVD option to be there, just let it be optional to consumers. Meanwhile Sony has the Blu-ray drive stuck in there, jacking up costs (and production times) without giving a choice to the consumer at all...

If your trying to decide what next-gen console to buy for the holidays then check out these links.

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm (Article)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=...ype=mov&pl=game (HD side by side video comparison)

http://www.xboxtoday.ca/12082006/14/xbox_3...3_at_the_apollo (Article)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6956/image18dz2.jpg (High resolution side by side image comparison)

As far as I can tell PS3 is coming up short. Not a fan boy or anything but even if I was I'd have all the fan boy ammo I would need to fight a fan boy war with these articles and comparisons. Enjoy!

The second and last link is something I've been searching around for, it just goes to show you how far $600 won't go and that sometimes more expensive doesn't mean better.

Guest Joalaielna

Sorry guys...But I tired to play the wii,and the controls are to inconsistent. On a normal controller you can push the same series of buttons and it does the same thing....On the wii....You do the same thing....and you get a completely different result each time....Really Annoying. Graphics are hardly worth it being called Next Gen.

OK System Aside Wii's got the games right? Well for the sake of the consumer I hope so. I think a lot of people will buy the wii....but that's about it. they might buy one or to games a year. But I don't see it going beyond that.

The one thing the wii Really needs to capitalize on is the PARTY GAMES! It can easily win if it starts pushing great...and I mean Great party games.

Enough.

Graphics are hardly worth it being called Next Gen.

here's the problem...all of you boys think that graphics rule the world and only the new super 2090x AA / 12531345x AF on super-HD tv can only be next-gen...

but you are wrong

next-gen has nothing to do with graphics...and in that sense, Xbox360 and PS3 are most definitely not "next-gen" hardware.

next-gen defines gaming revolutions and advances. Graphics are not part of this. Control schemes however, are.

Graphics are evolutionary. Controls however, have been standard fare for 20 years or so since NES really (and 10+ since FPS games came on pc's).

Wireless should be considered next-gen also, so in that sense, PS3 and 360 are definitely next-gen.

but graphics?

graphics are not next-gen because you can get those same graphics on any good pc....and again they are evolutionary...we EXPECT them to get better every single year.

Controls...we don't expect anything new and revolutionary...and so when we get it (Wii controls) we either hate it or love it, but there's no denying that the Wii controls are most certainly next-gen.

The Nintendo Wii is going to end up outselling the PS3 and 360 eventually. That's an Angry Prediction that you can hold me to

Sorry guys...But I tired to play the wii,and the controls are to inconsistent. On a normal controller you can push the same series of buttons and it does the same thing....On the wii....You do the same thing....and you get a completely different result each time....Really Annoying. Graphics are hardly worth it being called Next Gen.

OK System Aside Wii's got the games right? Well for the sake of the consumer I hope so. I think a lot of people will buy the wii....but that's about it. they might buy one or to games a year. But I don't see it going beyond that.

The one thing the wii Really needs to capitalize on is the PARTY GAMES! It can easily win if it starts pushing great...and I mean Great party games.

Enough.

Agreed.. I tried to play COD3 at my friend's house, and it was too hard. If I accidently jerked my hand up, the screen would jerk upwards. And then I'd have to get reoriented and BAM! dead.

It is cool though - tennis and bowling were addicting to me. I like the virtual console idea too. It's definitely the next console I will buy.

Guest Joalaielna

You pick one thing to quote me on and then you run with it.

actually it has almost everything to do with graphics....Because....that's what the consumer wants...I'm not going to shell out cash for some system with the same graphics as the previous one. (game cube)

And I also said that the graphics don't make it look next gen...I didn't say the controller doesn't...Did I?

I really don't care that much about graphics...I like games. But If i'm going to be paying money for a new system. I wan't it to look good.