Sign in to follow this  
crustaceo

very instable system

hi,

i'm experiencing a very instable system.

i've done some overclocking exps this weekend, but everything is as a stock configuration now, but my system is still very instable.

it reboots when i load a game, for instance. it really didnt occur that way in the past.

i've done a fast cmos clear (i think so cause it didnt delete the CMOS Reloaded Configs).

what should i do?

cheers

This is what your third post on this combine them. every time you have a question you don't need to start another thread. I think I have addressed this already you have Ram that is not designed for this board any value ram is not going to work well.

Do long CMOS clear. Thread is on the bottom of my sig and then test each stick of ram 1 at a time in the orange slot closest to the edge of the board. like I wrote in the other threads you opened.

ok dude... ;)

but i dont think so... cause i removed the problematic rams yet. i even updated my sig. :]

it seems like there's another problem now.

i was running this system (including the 2 memos i'm using now) for months without problems, and now it's very instable.

i'm thinking about a windows problem or something (after all that resets in oc experiences and memo settings tries, something could gone wrong in windows).

anyways, i'm going to do the long CMOS clear as u told.

a Satellite 450W SATA-545K8... LOL

it's a good satellite though... ;)

i was thinking about it too, but i'll put it last in my trouble cheklist

first i'll do the long cmos clear

and after reinstall windows

and then start thinking about that PSU

cya

a Satellite 450W SATA-545K8... LOL

it's a good satellite though...

i was thinking about it too, but i'll put it last in my trouble cheklist

Big mistake putting it last.

LIke you have been asked and replied to PSU dude ;) for a start it doesnt even come close to what you need to run one of these motherboards, sorry to say but you should have done yer homework first,,,,,,,,THe DFI User REcommended PSU List....

DO your rig a favour and get you one of the PSU from the list and then you can start troubleshooting.

Minimum Requirment for DFI NF4 is 480W PSU :eek:

Logan

Just to back Logan up - i'd be starting with that PSU, not leaving it to last. Just because it ran fine for months, doesn't mean it wasn't struggling even back then. If you aren't stable now - even at stock speeds - then i'd struggle to find a better place to start...

hi,

I was monitoring my rig voltages using the ite smart guardian yesterday and using a silly game (www.flyff.org) just to make the cpu do anything meaningful (amazingly, my system crashes better (LOL) running that game than a BF 2). After some minutes running it, the system crashed and restarted.

ok... so i wrote down these voltages floatings while watching it:

ATX +12V: 12.09; 12.03; 11.96; 11.9; 11.83

ATX +5.0V: 5,08; 5,05

ARX +3.3V: 3.28; 3.26

Is it really a PSU problem, analyzing it? I think it crashes when the atx +12V goes below 11.83V - although i could not see this value in ITE Smart Guardian, I think it's the point that crashes the system.

So i think i'm going to change my PSU soon anyways. Could you guys help me in this PSU choice?

There's a list here: http://www.waz.com.br/_produtos/lista_categ.php?categoria=10. I want to spend about R$500 ("reais") in one PSU. [$1 (dolar) equals to R$2.2 (reais), so these things are really very expensive here]

thanks

Put your PSU in your signature!

Yes you have a PSU issue. Look at the way you 12V drop. There is no way this will improve with this under powered PSU. You want stability replace the PSU.

You already been told about your PSU. Here is why you need to change it. The minimal power requirements for a DFI nF4 motherboard is [email protected] for a single video card. DFI motherboards where designed from the ground up to overclock. Good quality components are a key factor in the overall performance of these rigs. Quality RAM and PSU’s will make a world of difference in the stability and overclocking ability of the DFI rig. Even if you are not overclocking the board, because of this design quality components are always preferred.

Read these threads; Recommended Power Supplies and Recommended PSU / RAM Solved My Problem!

Put your PSU in your signature!

Yes you have a PSU issue. Look at the way you 12V drop. There is no way this will improve with this under powered PSU. You want stability replace the PSU.

You already been told about your PSU. Here is why you need to change it. The minimal power requirements for a DFI nF4 motherboard is [email protected] for a single video card. DFI motherboards where designed from the ground up to overclock. Good quality components are a key factor in the overall performance of these rigs. Quality RAM and PSU’s will make a world of difference in the stability and overclocking ability of the DFI rig. Even if you are not overclocking the board, because of this design quality components are always preferred.

Read these threads; Recommended Power Supplies and Recommended PSU / RAM Solved My Problem!

AMEN and there is nothing more to say! :)

Check the linkage in my sig - but from that site, for around R$500 I'd recommend the Antec 550W TruePower Trio (TP3-550) @ R$549

Thing is: the PSU is really one part of your machine that you shouldn't skimp on. I'd still strongly recommend that you get the OCZ 600W GameXStream - (OCZGXS600) @ R$629. It is used by many members here and will future-proof you for a while also...