(Resolved) must clear cmos every time I restart

Praz, read my signature above,or below. Now what did I do to change it can u tell?

DFI LanpartyUT ati cx3200-dr(BIOS 04/25/2006)

Opteron 165 CCBBE 0615DPMW @ 306x9=2754mhz

AC Freezer Pro 64

1G= 2-512 ddr PC4000 Cl2.5 Crucial BL

2 X Sapphire 1900xtx on software crossfire

2 x Maxtor 160G sata 1

1 X Seagate 320G sata3 on 2

1 X Seagate 250G sata3 on 2

Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109

Antec Truepower Trio 650W Psu

Now what did I do to change it can u tell?

I'm really confused now. Change what?

In your first post you went from a 3800x2 to a 3400. Now you are saying you are using a 165?

You got it. Thats how I fixed the cmos clearing problem seeing I sold my 3800x2. I bought an Opteron 165 and now it starts perfect every time. Thanks to all the help thats offered here. You get more input on your signature than the real problem on hand. Wouldn't you agree?

I am also having problems with cmos settings on a newly purchased cfx3200-DR 939 socket with AMD64 3400+. I set boot sequence in Advanced BIOS to CD-ROM / HDD / Removable. I save this in the CMOS Loadings for load module 1. I then Save and Exit. The system does not reboot and displays a 78 on the board debug LED. If I hard power recycle, I get the 'CMOS checksum failed - using defaults'. Going then back into the BIOS I find of course that the defaults are loaded.

Main problem here is that I started trying to install Windows XP and reached initially the stage of formatting the HD - at which point the system for some reason powered off. So now I have an incompletely formatted HD which is trying to boot (and so reaches an 'Error booting OS' state).

Need to get the BIOS settings to save and load as the primary resolution to this problem - as I see it.

brs3635;

Hi, I hate to say this,but I think you should sell that cpu. And get something different like I had to. I don't think anyone around here will help cure the problem, there more interested in your signature not your problem. Like RGone said the mb doesn't like that cpu. I got sick of messen with mine and bought an Opteron 165 from newegg for $155. but they have an open box for around $138 thats what I would do. sorry to break it to you like this but thats what fixed mine.

You got it. Thats how I fixed the cmos clearing problem seeing I sold my 3800x2. I bought an Opteron 165 and now it starts perfect every time. Thanks to all the help thats offered here. You get more input on your signature than the real problem on hand. Wouldn't you agree?

x-tinman You don't seem to get it yet..Each Forum member's signature is the key to the resolution of problems that members seek solutions for. There is a Forum Member's signature that says it best. I will paraphrase his saying..Yes it is Rocket science. If it wasn't you could do it yourself. :P

Your solution was a method called "Brute Force" you just threw money at the problem...well, not everyone is willing to do that...It really does take patience and reading carefully what the posts say..What RGONE said was that you had an oddball CPU. Your solution worked for you and I'm happy for you.

seeya

:)