Still not getting sound on a new build.

I just built a system with the infinity ultra and a opt165 (rig in sig)

The build was clean and quick every thing works fine and all the drivers loaded without issue. Yet, I still not getting sound out of the box.

Things I have tried and/or checked...

...Speakers are powered and in good working order

...Speakers are plugged into the proper i/o port

...Drivers are the newest from nVidia

...Tried both front i/o port and rear i/o and rear i/o with front unplugged

...Checked that on-board audio is turned on in bios

...Read booklet cover to cover with no mention about jumper settings

...Unable to locate physical jumpers on board that deal with audio settings

...Searched for similar issues on these forums

I only found one person with a similar setup having the same problem and he was told several times to check jumper setting and something about the audio module which the Ultra INF doesn't have.

I would very much like to solve this issue. I am one step away from ripping a sound car out of one of my old boxes.

Thanks for any help,

chris

2 things i notice from the manual it mentions the realtek drivers for sound....also

Pins 5-6 and 9-10 short = The front audio is disabled.

The rear audio is enabled.

Pins 5-6 and 9-10 open = The front audio is enabled.

The rear audio is disabled.

infaudiool1.jpg

Have you checked either of those options???

Logan

I had a similar problem with a CoolerMaster WaveMaster Case. I took off the top mounted usb/firewire/headphone jack and took the connectors for it off the audio module on the mb, thinking I wouldn't need it, and my sound dissapeared. So I put the pins back on the audio module and my audio is back.

I had a similar problem with a CoolerMaster WaveMaster Case. I took off the top mounted usb/firewire/headphone jack and took the connectors for it off the audio module on the mb, thinking I wouldn't need it, and my sound dissapeared. So I put the pins back on the audio module and my audio is back.

Cool i think he's running an INfinity Ultra though no module...;)

Logan

Loggan, thanks for posting the page from the manual. My booklet did not have that section anywhere in it.

I added the proper jumpers and still didn't get any sound. I rechecked the speakers and they are working just fine. I am now going to reinstall realtek drivers and see if that gets it done.

Loggan, thanks for posting the page from the manual. My booklet did not have that section anywhere in it.

I added the proper jumpers and still didn't get any sound. I rechecked the speakers and they are working just fine. I am now going to reinstall realtek drivers and see if that gets it done.

Thanks again Loggan,

After a reinstall of the realtek software and adding the jumpers I now have sound.

Cool man, just got my own opty fired up and its running at about 2820Mhz @ 1.45v on air,,,,,dont think i will push it much further though, temps are getting toasty......TF hope you find what yer looking for with da opty, glad you got yer sound hooked...

Fabe back atcha ;)

Logan