Sign in to follow this  
johnrr6

2nd Raid0 on an Ultra D, Yellow and Black---thanks Happy!!

Thanks Happy Games for the hard to find yellow Sata cables----I finally got around to adding a 2nd RAID0 to my Yellow and Black themed DFI rig.

Turned out pretty good and so easy to set up once I got everything installed...Just went into the Raid Bios and added and additional RAID0 array with the two new drives.

Booted up-----use Computer Management under Administrative Tools to initialize then format the new array----easy sneezy.....

Got the two drives together for less than $100 so it added an additional 320 gigs of storage to this machine----in a fast RAID0 array.

Yellow cover was made from cut glued, bondoed, sanded and painted plexi---cover is held on by industrial grade velcro. Drive cage was an abandoned Lian Li aluminum drive cage that I cut and modded.

Again----thanks Happy Games!!!---Here's some pics:

Yellow%20Raid%20Box%20012%20(Medium).jpg

Yellow%20Raid%20Box%20001%20(Medium).jpg

Yellow%20Raid%20Box%20003%20(Medium).jpg

Yellow%20Raid%20Box%20004%20(Medium).jpg

Yellow%20Raid%20Box%20007%20(Medium).jpg

Yellow%20Raid%20Box%20009%20(Medium).jpg

Guest Blooz1

Very high-class rig, johnrr6!

Wht kind of temps are you getting after the mods you've done?

Very high-class rig, johnrr6!

Wht kind of temps are you getting after the mods you've done?

38 to 40C Idle

44-48 Load

On a fair overclock of a 4800 X2

If I adjust the fan speeds higher via the fan controller on the front I can go a shade cooler but I have to live with added noise.....

If you are going to use air (and I stick with air because I just don't want to fuss with the more efficient water cooling).....

I am convinced that side flow air is the way to go in a heavily used system using lots of juice and generating a lot of heat.

And I've experimented with all kinds of different air flow paths-----through the front at the the 5 1/4 drive bays, through the front low (traditional) with heavy duty 120 fans, coming from the rear low----then up....

You name it, I've tried it-----my best results have been shortest path to the hot spots with direct air from outside the case (side flow)....

Anyway----your results may vary----but that's what works best for me....good luck!

John

He sent you those quite some time ago. :)

Nice work.

Yes-----I have been horribly busy lately----got involved with coaching high school baseball and it has eaten up most of my experimental/modding time.

Thanks for looking.

Merry Christmas!

John