Temperature sensors

DanNeely

I'm using speedfan to monitor temps, but am not sure most of the numbers it's reading corespond to on the board.

I assume "Temp2"'s the powermodules because it's sitting at 74C. But the mid 40's for "Temp1", "Temp3", "local", and "remote" don't give themselves away. I've also got an unumbered "temp" sitting at 2C.

I'll be putting an 80mm fan in place to cool the power modules soon, the 90* rotation of my water block relative to my old board is giving me some diffficulty there. Previously I was able to rest it flat against the two tubes and cabletie it into place, but now screw holding the block down is in the way. I'm not sure what I'm going to do there.

I assume "Temp2"'s the powermodules because it's sitting at 74C. But the mid 40's for "Temp1", "Temp3", "local", and "remote" don't give themselves away. I've also got an unumbered "temp" sitting at 2C.

There are several user made configs for the Ultra-D, I'm not sure if there's one for the NDF4-D (not even sure what that is), but it's worth a look.

Go to the Info tab on Speedfan and click on the "get config" button. Jump through their hoops and pick the best one for your rig.

OK. There're dozens of different configs available that shuffle the assigned names of sensors or create new values entirely available, but how do I identify one done by someone who knows what he's doing, and didn't just assign most of the parameters a name in a semirandom fashion?

OK. There're dozens of different configs available that shuffle the assigned names of sensors or create new values entirely available, but how do I identify one done by someone who knows what he's doing, and didn't just assign most of the parameters a name in a semirandom fashion?

It's pretty well hit & miss, but you should have a pretty good idea if they react right to load/idle. The #'s being used are from one of the sensors on the board so they aren't just being pulled out of someone's #ss.

Mine now shows both cpu & core temps (core tracks closely to cpu but is about 2 degc cooler), pwm temps will rise by at least 5c under load, while chipset temps generally rise only a couple of degrees under load.