conroe e6600 mobo/ram recommendation

edjahman

I have two 7950gx2 video cards and I would like to have recommendations for the best overclocking motherboard and ram to use with a conroe e 6600. I would like to run quad sli and I have the psu already. Also, Is the e 6600 the best way to go if I am upgrading to conroe?

I didnt have time to search around. I am going to the electronics store now and need advice soon!

Thank You.

--EJM

According to Happy_Games you can download hacked drivers for the DFI Infinity 975X/G to let you run SLi on it; so that's what I would get.

I really like OCZ RAM and you should probably get either DDR2-800 or DDR2-1000.

Might just be me, but I'd want to think a bit more about what I was doing than ask a question and go to the electronics store the same day.

I'd suggest doing some research, looking at benchmarks of various processors and reading up on things rather than just going out and spending money. Better to not regret it later...

I just was thinking about hooking up quad sli for the hell of it just to see what it would do with a conroe. I'm bored.

--EJM

well if you are bored then have at it, but at the end, you'll agree with me and Rgone that quad SLI is a waste and doesn't perform anyhwere near as good as normal SLI or a single 7950GX2 that can do SLI on a single pcb