Take a look at this auction....

laserred

I know of the B&W you're speaking about, but maybe this is the B&W whose home office is in some alley.... the full company name is Buy AND Weep.... I'm sure several people have gotten burned by them with crappy customer service :P I kill me! lol

P.S. I just started this thread as a happy holiday reminder to make damn sure of what you are actually bidding on/buying. One of my buddies linked me to an Ebay auction about 2 weeks ago for a PS3, clearly, in BOLD LETTERS in the text it said "You are bidding on a PICTURE ONLY of a brand new PS3 system!" And some other stuff. The winning bid was $740. Needless to say Ebay removed all records of that listing shortly after it ended.

Oh yeah- on the B&W- the $9.99 start price gives it all away.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 positives isn't anything and absolutely no guarantee to knowing a persons honesty. If he had 10,000+ feedbacks, 5 years in ebay and a perfect or even almost perfect rating. Then you could "bid with confidence".

He only has 9 months and 17 transactions, if that meets all your requirements for trust more power to ya, but it doesn't come close for me. most I would buy of a 17 feedback rating would be 10-15 bucks, but when the money starts hitting triple figures then I myself would exercise my good old opinion and look for someone with alot more experience in selling. :)

Yeah... that would lead me to believe the auction was a sham in the first place. Can I be 100% sure? Nope. Do I trust that he was being truthful and not trying to juke somebody out of their hard-earned Benjamins? You'll never convince me of that, with the picture that was in the auction, his stated policies, and finally ending the auction early. Like I said, this was just a reminder to keep your eyes open and buy your stuff through known channels.

I got a old car I have been thinking of listing on Ebay just because I dont want to did it out till it sells...but I am not sure I havent ever sold anything...I have bought only ever 1 thing but have bid on hundreds...

I hate that when you have the bid in the bag and at the last minute the bid wars begin....I am sure that sellers have friends bumping up the prices just so they get more...

I got screwed over like that, his idiot friend used his forum username so I figured out that he placed a "last second" bid, because my "winning" bid in the last 20 seconds was too low and he would have lost out on the deal.