Possible sound "cube" problem

I regularly use programs like teamspeak2 and ventrilo so my voice comms are important, but I can not troubleshoot out what and where my current problem is occurring.

Basically my mic has just spontaneously stopped picking up any sounds, it was working one day and not the next with no changes at all from me (I wasn't even at the computer and it wasn't on), I tested the actual mic on another computer and it works fine, and its not the actual voice applications because I ran the hardware test and it's not receiving any sound either.

So the next thing along the line I can think of is the sound port, I know the little sound "cube" is separately added on to the motherboard and im wondering if this has somehow been partially broken.

The sound out is working fine, I have played music etc through it, so im pretty much at a loss as to what is causing the problem, so im hoping some one on here has an inspirational idea on what it may be.

Thanks in advance, Neural.

I've never been able to get the mic working on my Ultra-D. I'm certain it has been a hardware issue all along (possibly with the Karajan unit), and I've seen many people with the same sorts of problems here over the past 18 months or so when I've checked in. I don't know if anything has ever been resolved or admitted.

I lost all audio when I plugged in an Xbox360 controller to play games with.

It apparently acts as a usb audio input/output device because the 360 headset connects to the handset.

After a moments panic. I changed the settings in the games and it fixed it.

I was cleaning out my case and decided to have a look at the Karajan unit, somehow it was not seated right, so im assuming that it had somehow been moved/shifted like 1 mm and that was the cuase, I had to reinstall the drivers though to get the mic to work, oh well at least its fixed.

thanks for the help.