My 3007 WFP <3

p0tter

Got my 3007WPF from Dell. Costed about $1200, w/ 15% and 10% coupons and free shipping.

Rev A02, No dead pixles, flawless! It measures about 16(H) x 25(L).

IMG_9528-vi.jpg

IMG_9527-vi.jpg

IMG_9521-th.jpg

I love the monitor, but the 7900GS cant keep up. Waiting for the RD600 for a revamp.

XS has a huge thread about this monitor, very very classy Wangerin, ^5.

Guys with 7950GX2's etc were having problems running it at native res with high game settings.

QFT

The only cards that can run this in 2560x1600 are the 8800's. Untill the R600 :D

Wow, and I thought my 24" was big, LOL. How does it look when displaying standard 1080P signals (1920x1080)? I was thinking of treating myself to this for christmas, but I want to see how the Xbox 360 will look on it first. Any experience? How does it look scaled up?

I'm a bit hesitant since I doesn't have &^%&*ing HDMI or component inputs - I mean, c'mon Dell. They put component on the 24", why not the 30?

As an aside, do you find you get a sore neck and eye fatigue looking at that thing? Even on the 24" I get aches after about half an hour. I've set it as far back on my desk as it will go (28" viewing distance), but it's still hard to work with for long periods. I feel like I'm watching a tennis match.

It's a bit of a kick in the shins really. I actually prefer my two 19" 4:3 screens for everyday computer tasks, and only really appreciate the widescreen for gaming. Since my work to play ratio is probably 10:1, I'm actually sorry I bought it, especially now that I just got a new 1080P HDTV. Gettin' old I guess :( Work sucks!

Wow, and I thought my 24" was big, LOL. How does it look when displaying standard 1080P signals (1920x1080)? I was thinking of treating myself to this for christmas, but I want to see how the Xbox 360 will look on it first. Any experience? How does it look scaled up?

I'm a bit hesitant since I doesn't have &^%&*ing HDMI or component inputs - I mean, c'mon Dell. They put component on the 24", why not the 30?

As an aside, do you find you get a sore neck and eye fatigue looking at that thing? Even on the 24" I get aches after about half an hour. I've set it as far back on my desk as it will go (28" viewing distance), but it's still hard to work with for long periods. I feel like I'm watching a tennis match.

It's a bit of a kick in the shins really. I actually prefer my two 19" 4:3 screens for everyday computer tasks, and only really appreciate the widescreen for gaming. Since my work to play ratio is probably 10:1, I'm actually sorry I bought it, especially now that I just got a new 1080P HDTV. Gettin' old I guess :( Work sucks!

Well, it being an LCD if it's working properly should not give your eyes any trouble. Mine is set back a little more than an arms length away from me and it works great. You can move it closer to you since the resolution is pretty small some things are tiny on there if you're having a little bit of trouble seeing text ot whatever. Just scoot it up a bit, it's not going to kill your eyes (more than they already are :sweat: ) ). LoL Nah, but try it about an arms length away and see how you like it.

Also adjusting the brightness can help as well as using the appropriate modes for what you're doing (Desktop, Multi-Media, Gaming). The default brightness was at 50 and I almost needed sunglasses ! So I dropped this thing down to 30 on the brightness and it's working out great.

BTW I also think it's silly that Dell didn't include component on the 3007 but they did on the 2407. I mean, if anything it should be the other way around seeing as how the 3007 is 6" bigger....