Board is just hanging

My DFI LanParty UT CF-DR is just hanging at the DFI screen. I just installed a new ATA cable to run to my DVD, replaced chipset with a Evercool. Then added in a Ageia PhysX card. Everything starts up and is all running. All fans, all LEDs. All plugs are in the board.

But Im stuck in the DFI LanParty screen. I notice that my last diagnostic light is on. The last one on the left. They all count down then stick on that one. The last one meaning VGA detected. I appreciate the help.

Well, I had that problem - wouldn't boot up unless I had the jumpers set correctly. I tried to run the PATA in tandem with my two SATA drives, and it was a no boot till I just decided to change the jumper setting on my PATA.

jumper setting on the PATA? I did put the 5v/12v connector in and that seemed to get thigns going, but now after the Windows loading screen, the screen just goes blank. Or does a system restart. What do you suggest?

Whenever my computer rebooted on me after getting through the XP loading screen, it looped back and forth, restarting right after the XP loading screen all the time.

I fixed it by reinstalling Windows. That's just me.

Whenever my computer rebooted on me after getting through the XP loading screen, it looped back and forth, restarting right after the XP loading screen all the time.

I fixed it by reinstalling Windows. That's just me.

well Ill give it a shot. I was planning on a format anyways. If that doesnt work, should I reset the CMOS? I have never done that before, what do you do? just take the battery out, wait 5 mins, then place back in?

Does that just make the board like it was when you first got it? Cause that will not be fun with my Plextor 716a that the board didnt like and I had to get it to read it. I forget now how to do that...lol

have you ever actually overclocked the processor?

resetting the CMOS: a little bit south of the black heatsink on the board (that's the ULi chipset), you should see a red jumper and three pins, two of which the jumper is sitting on. it should be sitting on the left two. to reset, just move the jumper so that it covers the two rightmost pins. wait for a few seconds before moving it back to the leftmost pins.

resetting the cmos puts EVERYTHING back at stock. that means unless you have your settings saved in the CMOS reloaded page, then you will have to re-input all of your prior settings (that you changed).

I believe that there is a more detailed cmos reset guide somewhere; use the search function.

I reinstalled Windows and that seem sto have worked. But now Windows doesnt go to my Name screen, just right into windows. That does not bother me. Thanks man.

there's a setting to fix that.. it's somewhere in the ctrl panel i think