Sign in to follow this  
Iggy

Native support for SATA optical drives?

Just a quick question here - I know that the LPB/Sil3114 has native SATA support for single HDD's, but does anyone have any experience with SATA CD/DVD drives on these boards? I'm just wondering if I can finally get away from rounded cables once and for all. Thanks! :D

Just a quick question here - I know that the LPB/Sil3114 has native SATA support for single HDD's, but does anyone have any experience with SATA CD/DVD drives on these boards? I'm just wondering if I can finally get away from rounded cables once and for all. Thanks! :D

Thank you for asking the question because I would like to know the same.

if the sata optical drive works on the Sil3114 with the nf4 board, i dont see why the sil3114 of the nf2 series couldn't support the optical sata drive

I didnt know the NF2 had native support for sata...I always had to supply the floppy drivers while loading the OS...?

But stands to reason the opticals should work fine... all of them that I have seen state that if you have to supply floppy drivers for the OS you'll have to load the OS on a IDE and then connect the sata optical after the OS install...