Sign in to follow this  
dresser

mobo change

Im rebuilding my desktop,all going to be water cooled,so im changing my mobo for the expert(extra space between graphics)would i need to reinstall os,ive powered up the mobo just with memory & cpu 3leds go out last stays on,would that be normal.appreciate any help thx.

Personally, I would. I have switched system drives between 2 (supposedly) identical MOBOs in the past and it just did not "feel" right. Some say that if you don't change chipsets then you are OK but, with a quality set up like yours, I'd suggest the clean install.

If you have data and setups (email, browser, ,etc) you want to preserve, use the Files n Settings Transfer Wizard.

It is a little late to ask if Expert is better than the SLi-DR since you already have the Expert and you know 'why' you bought the Expert...it was for the room for watercooling.

4th Led is likely 'on' since you have no video card in or so you say at this juncture.

Personally I always preferred the Expert...the room between slots was a good reason...I liked the added drive strengths for more exact tweaking...others saw that as a pain...strokes for folks...some light years ago complained they could not run 4800TCCD as fast on Expert as on the original version DFI NF4's...today who wants to be stuck with 2x512 TCCD?

Expert Better? I think that can never be objective but only subjective...I liked my Expert better...you may not if you don't have an awesome power supply because the Expert has different onboard power regulation and the board wants a ton of +5V standbye amperage to start easily and readily...about it.

RGone...:confused:

ok thx

is the fourth led staying on because no vid card connected,is expert board any better than dr board