X2 3800+ on BigTyphoon + Pop the lid = bad/good idea?

Redbeaver

yeah dont forget that it takes 50 to 200 hours for as5 to set and with 5 PCs with BTs on them I have yet to take one off and find as5 to have set. and them bars dont take much to bend I have used the bottem H bar to dubble up on the top one on all mine. you need to cut that bogas rizer off that BT next time you got it off works better.( just takes some neddle nose plyers and bend them back and forth they pop off clean)cut them stuped fingers off them H brackets. I can pull my BTs off and replace the as5 on them and back running in 20 mins

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, with my deepest regret, i hereby officially announce that my cpu.....*trying to hold my tears*, is dying.

its been a few hours, alittle over 24, with load and cool off alternating, its not getting any better...

actually its getting worse even.....

now my max temp is 50, when the cores can hit 88 while the other is around 65.... and prime used to get around 11hr without any error, now 5 min and its gone... i got the beautiful volcano exploding in Orthos....

tried adjusting the voltage and all... no use....

*ugh*

and i was lucky enough to get a 3800+ that can hit 2.9 :( i was wanting more.... and i had to pay for it.... nobody said there's no risk, and this time i had to byte the dust......

i wont run prime/orthos anymore....

no use hurting it anymore....

i'll let him pass to the next world quietly.....

ps: anybody knows where to get Optie165 here in Canada for cheap? :P sigh* if i kno this would happen i wouldnt spend the money on Expert, i'll b getting a freakin C2D.....

i just remounted the heatsink last nite. it rises pretty high, then after a short burn-in-cool-down period, it drops about 5C, which still pretty high... BUT it shows that AS5 requires some burnintime... and its not the heatsink. i literally measure the threads on the mounting screw for godsake... its flat alright lol

one of the resistor can cause the temp to rise?? crap....

wouldnt b too hard to change?? buddy, the length of that thing is about 3mm... ive took engineering in college and its definitely not manual-soldering-capable no matter how good ur soldering skills are lol.. we used a machine to do that....

its probably a resistor, more than a cap, just by the number of pins... except its an IC wit a few 3 caps inside.... which is then even worse for me to replace lol

I seriously doubt the resistor would make the temps rise, it isnt an IC and it doesnt have caps inside, the IC is the big thing in the middle, and they dont have caps in, which is why theres loads of them on the motherboard.

And ok, maybe it would be a little fiddly changing it manually, but its certainly not impossible.