Just ordered my Opty 165!!

laserred

So far so good, I am at 270 so I am going to run the benchmark suite and see how it's going. This is already as fast as my FX-55 ever was HTT-wise, so I figure it's a good place to start. Man, I think just how crazy stuff would get if the Optys had unlocked multipliers like FXs.... sigh :P

It's running 2xPrime right now, that Ninja is just plain unreal- the only case fans I've got are the 120mm in the OCZ, and another 120 Arctic Cooling sucking out through an 80mm hole with a plastic adapter, and temps are rock steady at 101*F@2600MHz (289x9). My FX-55 would hit 113-115*F under load at ~2940MHz. I already had to drop my memory to the 180 divider, it seems anything past about 265HTT the memory just doesn't like. Right now, I am just going to keep the 3-3-3-7 and drop the divider as necessary. I am already happy, at FX-60 level in less than 10 minutes. YAY! lol. More to come.. :P

Well, right now, I caved in an had to see how it would run, so it's 2xPrime at 318x9, with a 166 divider because I'm chicken right now and want to see if it will hit 3G. It's been running Prime for a little over 2 hours now with no errors :P Voltage is only 1.42, which is crazy since the FX-55 I had needed 1.49 or more to top 2900, so we'll see. As far as the Team RAM goes, I am very pleased with what I have seen so far, even though I haven't dug tremendously deep into their potential. I can say, however, that the Cronus 5B-F chips I have will take 270+ish@3-3-3-7 so far, I am still trying to see how far the Opty will go since everyone here preaches CPU speed, not memory speed, is king. The Opty's memory controller seems much much stronger than my FX, but time will tell.

Woops, been so caught up in burning in new transistors forgot all about it. Thx. Is there any way to set XP up so that on boot parts of it use one core, and the rest uses the other core to speed up boot process?

I am not sure but I think the optimizer spreads it across both cores...?

I did a AM2 build and did NOT install the dual core patch or Optimizer and XPpro runs off 1 core (according to task manger) and what ever else can be set off the other core by setting the affinity...

but I could be wrong?