6600GT post spacing

Does anyone know offhand what the spacing is for the 6600GT cooler holes? I'd like to know because I need to make a bracket for my HR-03 and my card is in the system right now. I actually did Google but I couldn't find anything.

The spacing on the 6600GT is measured diagonally; since the card only has 2 holes for the fan retention mechanism.

Ah, mine has four. I guess I'll have to measure it myself then. :tooth:

EDIT: and I'm referring to the ones that were designed for aftermarket coolers, by the way, not the OEM's holes for their own cooler.

Yeah I just recently sold mine to lower the amount I had to pay for my 7900GT so I don't have one in front of me to look at.

I do recall that there are four additional holes around the GPU socket, but I'm not sure what they're there for (probably not meant for an aftermarket cooler).

Yeah I just recently sold mine to lower the amount I had to pay for my 7900GT so I don't have one in front of me to look at.

I do recall that there are four additional holes around the GPU socket, but I'm not sure what they're there for (probably not meant for an aftermarket cooler).

Oh, those holes. Yeah, those are the ones the OEM used for their stock cooler then. I was talking about the four holes around the GPU. What are they for then? Even if they're not meant for it, it looks like they could be used for that.

I could measure the ones on my spare 6600GT lying here- but why don't you just scribe them onto the material you're making the bracket out of?

you'd better use some kind of spacer too- a couple of those holes are dangerously close to some very small resistors. the only clear path is to use the stock cooler holes. my nv6 used a rubber pad to insulate all those things from grounding out on the backing plate.

I could measure the ones on my spare 6600GT lying here- but why don't you just scribe them onto the material you're making the bracket out of?

you'd better use some kind of spacer too- a couple of those holes are dangerously close to some very small resistors. the only clear path is to use the stock cooler holes. my nv6 used a rubber pad to insulate all those things from grounding out on the backing plate.

Yes, I had noticed the holes were very close to other parts, and had planned on using something to insulate. I was actually planing on making a back plate out of plexiglass in addition to the bracket.

I could measure the card but it's in the system right now so it'd be a pain. That may be what I'll end up having to do though. I was just wondering if anyone knew offhand.