Memory upgrade question\reccomendations

Danuel

So i currently own the rig in my sig, and looking to upgrade memory for around the 250ish range, im looking to go to two gigs, right now i have one, but i want more than DDR 400. i hear that the ddr500 and possible the ddr550 will work fine w/ this board? if so any reccomendations, or any guides on upgrading past the ddr400, will i need to do any over clocking or changing of settings other than timings and what not to get it to post w/ faster memory? let me know all reccomendations.

thanks

Good performance DDR is getting tight to find let alone DDR500.

If you can find these new or second hand I would start there.

Mushkin eXtreme Performance, G.Skill Extreme Series, OCZ Platinum Edition or OCZ EB's

Stay away from value RAM. I check newegg.com and In my opinion there is not too much still available I would buy. Here is two:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231047 and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820146970

I would recommend the RAM in my cig. It overclocks very well. I got mine on newegg for $190 after rebate. But I think that was the deal of a lifetime. So good luck. Oh I would also recommend the OCZ stuff that tasr did.

From everything I've seen, the Patriot "ELK's" Kingfisher linked to are worth spending a few extra bucks over the DDR400's linked in other posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after some seaarching and reviews and money i had available,got the G.skill's on great deal, sold my corsairs on ebay and came out nearly even, the G.Skills, booted just fine, clocked @ 2.5-3-3-6 and mem tested like that perfectly over night no problems. runs great,thanks for everyones advice and input, couldnt do it w/ out these boards. hooyah.