Sign in to follow this  
Punk642001

4gb of RAM problem

ok so i tested sticks individualy the first stick came up with 22000 errors on test 5 ant 97 %

the second stick did the same

the third stick wouldnt boot so i watched the diagnostic leds and the powered then found cpu but couldnt find dram which is 2 led lights on

the fourth stick wouldnt boot but came up as found dram and just got stuck with 1 led on which is apparently vga but that doesnt make sence because the lan party logo did come up on the screen

What can you tell us about the ram how old is it where did you get it. has it ran in a system before that you saw? Is the board new? Cause you either have 2 bad sticks of ram and 2 that need serious work on the timings or 4 bad sticks or a bad board. As far as I can tell. Correct me if I'm out of line guys.

k well i bought all my stuff new in september but i have had nothing but problems since i got it i bought it off NCIX.com first my vid card wasnt workin and i fixxed it then it wouldnt boot it would just give me the ram error beep so i rma'd my 2 ram sticks that werent working at all they said they sent me new ones but wen i got them they still didnt work and the guy at the computer shop said it was my mother board so i sent it bak and they gave me a new one i got it all together but it wasnt stable so i started looking into y and thats how i ended up here the 2 sticks that wont beet are the 2 ones that they sent me saying they were new

i just want to get this thing running stable because any time i go to render it just flips put and crashes and i cant be havin that wen a render is 500 - 600 frames long

is there anyreason y both sticks that boot come up with exactly 22000 errors on test 5 ant 97%

its exactly the wen i test them together

OK, well you might want to try adding a little more voltage to both your CPU and the memory... if that doesn't give you any better results - then i think you're going to have to get yourself over to the Official OCZ Support Forum on bleedinedgesupport and see if they can't help you out. For starters, try the settings shown here. They are almost the same as the ones i posted earlier - but they are straight from an OCZ rep.

It is very, very unlikely that you have 2 bad sticks there - and almost certainly not all 4. If neither of these sets of settings work (with just one stick - furthest orange slot) it's more likely to be either your CPU (memory controller), PSU or the board itself that has a problem.

ya i was told it was better for gettin things to run stable then service pack 2 the guys at the computer shop told me to get everything running on sp1 then go to sp2

so that wut im doin