My Upgrade Problem

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) search option is ur friend

Danke =] btw my CPU etc is not the same so I shouldnt have to include the same voltages should I? I have set the Genie BIOS DRAM settings to that shown in the screenies but should I copy the same voltages?

Guest MadDias

u can leave all the voltages on auto, if it´still unstable then change them to what they are in the screenies

How do you know its not unstable? Are you runing memtest on it first before trying to do your OS install ?

Well I just presume its unstable if it doesnt boot up past the "LanParty UT" logo, but other than that I have no idea. How can I run memtest? and no Im trying to re-format and re-install windows.

if you can make Tmods CD from another pc Memtest is on his bootable CD.along with the only 3 bios upgrades there is. and make sure it passes test 5 and 8 other then that. sorry they didnt include memtest with that board in bios? guess they were in to big of a hurry to get it on the market

well yeah its somthing no true DFIer can do without :D. As you should know by now one wrong move on that board in the bios and its reset and start over.So memtest is a good thing.If you just put into the bios the first 4 setings thats on your memory and everything else auto and at stock settings it should be ok inless of corse you got problems with your ram. And after rereading your tread I see no were what slots your ram is in ?