Sign in to follow this  
croy1985

Xp Games, Vista Games, Grrr

If all this about dx10 is true, we will obviously need to upgrade to vista to play new dx10 games. if we do upgrade, does that mean older games wont work in vista? - im not talking really old, but im rather partial to a game of medal of honour, call of duty and other fps.

So the question again: will older games work in vista?

Cheers

If all this about dx10 is true, we will obviously need to upgrade to vista to play new dx10 games. if we do upgrade, does that mean older games wont work in vista? - im not talking really old, but im rather partial to a game of medal of honour, call of duty and other fps.

So the question again: will older games work in vista?

Cheers

Yes. Microsoft would kill Vista sales if they didn't.

Eventually we will all have to upgrade to Vista, if we want to continue to enjoy high-end games and probably even some Vista proprietary software.

It seems that the biggest headache I have is drivers for hardware not the software. Games are hit and miss but most have run for me. Controlers printers and such are very limited for driver availability.

Sucks!

I have a friend who is a retired M$ senior employee. He can buy software for cost. He bought me XP Pro (Full version) for $35 and M$ Office Pro 2003 (Full version) for $65.

I am hoping that he will do the same with Vista. We'll see.

I have a friend who is a retired M$ senior employee. He can buy software for cost. He bought me XP Pro (Full version) for $35 and M$ Office Pro 2003 (Full version) for $65.

I am hoping that he will do the same with Vista. We'll see.

My cousin is on the release team for Vista... she's getting me Ultimate for a really low price, and maybe even for free! I live in Sammamish, WA BTW... which is right next to Redmond.

But on topic, yes, we can still play our old games on Vista. I'm using RTM right now and Madden 07, WoW, and Medieval 2 Total War works just fine.

I'm going to just join the MS Partner program and will get the final Vista's as well as the XP's, Office, whatever else they have that comes in the kit ($300/year and it's worth every single penny for a guy like me who has to load, reload, install, re-install all their junk repeatedly day in and day out)

yeah we will have to get vista to play DX10 games like ALan Wake and such but you can still play DX9 games and use DX9 based g cards on Vista cant we! :sad:

some of us have taken advantage of the wide range of 7900 series cards at the moment. (yes , yes its me)

not all of them.

Crysis is a Dx10 based game but it'll work on XP and Dx9 cards.... AlanWake i heard will be Dx10 exclusive........ if a game is Dx10 only, u will need BOTH Vista and Dx10 cards...

I'm going to just join the MS Partner program and will get the final Vista's as well as the XP's, Office, whatever else they have that comes in the kit ($300/year and it's worth every single penny for a guy like me who has to load, reload, install, re-install all their junk repeatedly day in and day out)

The Januray 2007 Action pack update may or may not Vista and Office 2007. I already contacted CS and they will know what is included in the Jan update only 2 weeks before its release. On a sidenote, the Action Pack is gonna include 10 licenses for Vista Business, Office 2007 Professional and a single OEM license for Vista Ultimate.

Been subscribing to the AP for the last 2 years, so that's my primary source for Vista. Secondary source is my company's MSDN. I know the System Admin very well, so I have complete access to the MSDN library for any OS and software download including VLK copies of Vista and Office 2007.

Edit......Ooooooops! I forgot! I got a free copy of Vista Ultimate from M$ since I was one of the beta testers who submitted bugs!

If Alan Wake is going to be exclusively DX10 you can bet it's actual release date is at least a year away.