Sign in to follow this  
DrMekon

a few Bios quesitons (general & 704-2bt)

Firstly I must state I am over the moon at having recently tried several bioses on tmods disk, finding that the 704 has allowed me to reach what Ive been trying desperately to achieve for the last week... a stable 311x9 overclock with my new Opty165, with 256mhz ram (5/6 divider). Ive not been able to get this at all!!!!

I do have a few quesitons...

1) Im new to these custom bioses and wondered if they are just bioses that have had some of their settings pre-tweaked (ram timings etc...), in other words, could I achieve the same results mirroring the settings on a genuine bios??

2) he info of the 704 bios appears to be (Everest):

Award BIOS Message (ocztest) EVALUATION ROM -BIGTOE TWEAKED

System BIOS Date 11/18/05

Now this date is even before the bios I had on my board when I got it new, and I was aware of some issues with earlier bioses that could damage some boards/cpu's - whilst I accept the use and risks of modded bioses, genuine updates can fix some issues - why does this bios seem so old?? Is there a modded 04/06/06 (latest dfi bios), or newer modded bios??

Ive also foung it quite hard finding more info on the bios, despite ploughing through the rather large post!!!

Having said that, it still the first time in a week, since getting my new chip, that my rig is stable at 2.8ghz...!!!:drool:

EDIT: Lol, Ive just found the 0406 modded bios, and Im sure I tried this without success, so I then tries the 704!!!

Found out about this, but cant find download or more info on it...

OCZ Tony's NF4 623-2bta

Guest Tmod
Firstly I must state I am over the moon at having recently tried several bioses on tmods disk, finding that the 704 has allowed me to reach what Ive been trying desperately to achieve for the last week... a stable 311x9 overclock with my new Opty165, with 256mhz ram (5/6 divider). Ive not been able to get this at all!!!!

I do have a few quesitons...

1) Im new to these custom bioses and wondered if they are just bioses that have had some of their settings pre-tweaked (ram timings etc...), in other words, could I achieve the same results mirroring the settings on a genuine bios??

2) he info of the 704 bios appears to be (Everest):

Award BIOS Message (ocztest) EVALUATION ROM -BIGTOE TWEAKED

System BIOS Date 11/18/05

Now this date is even before the bios I had on my board when I got it new, and I was aware of some issues with earlier bioses that could damage some boards/cpu's - whilst I accept the use and risks of modded bioses, genuine updates can fix some issues - why does this bios seem so old?? Is there a modded 04/06/06 (latest dfi bios), or newer modded bios??

Ive also foung it quite hard finding more info on the bios, despite ploughing through the rather large post!!!

Having said that, it still the first time in a week, since getting my new chip, that my rig is stable at 2.8ghz...!!!:drool:

EDIT: Lol, Ive just found the 0406 modded bios, and Im sure I tried this without success, so I then tries the 704!!!

The 704-2BTA came from a bios that a DFI engineer wrote for Tony, This bios was never available to the generral public from DFI.

The date on Tony's bios is screwed up and to be honest if it works so well why worry about the date?

If this bios has done what others can't seem to accomplish just leave it as is and maybe tweak it a little more.

Good luck with your O/C

EDIT: The 623-2bta is for the NF4 board, Flash your board with it and be prepared to purchase another bios chip.

Tmod

EDIT: The 623-2bta is for the NF4 board, Flash your board with it and be prepared to purchase another bios chip.

lol.. yeah that couldve been interesting, cheers for that one!!!

I was just curious about the date, cos it through me a little... but I suppose its 704 (7th April or 4th July maybe?)

Anyway, as you pointed out, if it works.. so what!!!

Time for some more tweakin and thanks for your help!!!

Guest Tmod
lol.. yeah that couldve been interesting, cheers for that one!!!

I was just curious about the date, cos it through me a little... but I suppose its 704 (7th April or 4th July maybe?)

Anyway, as you pointed out, if it works.. so what!!!

Time for some more tweakin and thanks for your help!!!

The 704-2BTA stems from the 704-2bt which if you look at the first post in that thread you will see a 2005 date.

Yep it is a old bios and yep it sure does work well.

Tmod