Sign in to follow this  
Pihrana

Causes of Lock Up's

In your sig DFI NF4 sli-? D, DR, Dr expert, ultra d modded to sli? Just asking because each board has it's own little quirks

And system lockups can also be cause by your sound card and your graphics card sharing the same IRQ switch the sound card to a different pci slot usualy fixes this.

Seems very stable now I've taken 2 sticks of ram out. The only thing I noticed now under 3dmark06. It says my pci-e card is running at 8x.

Surely it should be 16x??? I only get around 4,400 ~4,600 marks.

On the infinity both x16 slots run at x8 bandwidth.

Performance difference is almost 0 (as in to little to worry about).

"Ram: Giel Ram 2G"

Stop telling Lies. :)

Its a good thing you mentioned about the memory as I assumed you had a 2x1GB kit of Geil ram.

Prove it is stable by running memtest for at least 3 hours.

Prove it is stable by running memtest for at least 3 hours.

Not run memtest but played BF2 for 6hrs and not a single crash. Before I couldn't even load it up and change settings nevermind play the game. All the proof I need but I'll do a memtest today tho.

My bad on the ram in my sig. I wrote it quickly. I'm using 2x512 sticks.

Mr. Tickle -

Glad to hear that you are 3D stable at this point. However you are missing some crucial stress testing that will ensure your rig is stable for all purposes.

As already pointed out before, be sure to run memtest. Run tests five and eight a minimum of ten loops. If those pass error free, then run all tests one through eight (I usually let these loop overnight). If I wake up in the morning and memtest has returned zero errors, then I boot and proceed with 8-10 hours of Prime95. If Prime95 passes for eight or more hours error free, then go ahead and run all of the 3DMark series - '01 through '06.

If the new rig has chugged through all of these without issue, then you are pretty much toaster stable and won't have to worry about behind the scenes issues occuring because of memory, cpu or graphics issues.

I'd also highly recommend that you consider replacing your power supply with one that can be found on the Recommended Power Supply List. You'll find a link in my sig. I'm not sure which ones will be available in your locale. But if at all possible please choose one that has been thrashed, tested and recommended by the forum members around here.

Cheers mate.

BF2 and BF2142 will definately benefit from an extra Gb if you can find it. 1GB sticks of DDR are starting to get pretty thin on the ground these days as companies start to focus more and more on their DDR2 product lines...