Bios on boot says Ipod is "full speed device"

When I boot my PC it says my Ipod is a fullspeed USB storage device.

I've tried every USB port on my PC, not just my LCD ports and front ports. They all report it as fullspeed. I have the 4/6/06 bios release from DFI (latest) as well. Also have USB 1.1 + 2.0 specified in the bios, and left the other options alone (but enabled park mode, which didnt affect anything but I read it can speed up transfers).

I do have the "standard enhanced" USB controller device manager as well in case anyone is wondering.

Any ideas?

Right click on the My Computer ICON and go to Properties --> in System properties --> go to Hardware TAB -->Device Manager -->take a look at USB controllers.

If you have the standard enhanced PCI to USB host controller and there is no exclamation next to it then you have a high speed 480 MB/s controller. It doesn't get any better than that for USB 2.0.

:)

So it reporting the ipod as a "full speed device" is a failure by DFI bios programmers to properly name hispeed devices correctly?

The error message is generated by Windows. Does the error message suggest that you need to move the device to a high speed port?

As long as the speed is recoginised correctly in the OS I wouldn't give it a second thought. The bios only has very basic USB control for keyboards and such so there is no need for high speed recognition. Drivers within the OS will handle the USB 2.0..