Corsair Nautilus500 External Water Cooling Kit Review

THunDA

@AG

How bad is the pump whine as compared to a 120 mm fan that's speced at 28 dB?

I'm about 3 feet away front my tower, CMStacker. The pump would probably be on top of the case.

I know that sound is subjective, but if you could compare to a 28 dB fan, I could get a better feeling for it. I'm currently running 4-120 mm fans, 2-80 mm fans, BT and the Evercool VC-RE on the chipset. The 2-80's are my noisiest fans, but it's not like sitting next to a Hoover vacuum. I look at it as the quiet hum of power.

Thanks.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had my Nautilus 500 cooling my system for @ months now and have had zero probs. The noise? After being accustomed to air cooling I just don't notice it.

Hmm.. I did work on Falcon Jets and Dauphine helicopters for 20+ years.. Shoot..maybe I can't hear it.

:)

• 6 months later...

i wonder, is there anything that would prevent you from using random other coolers with this set? since the VGA blocks are made by DD, is it safe to assume you can also use a NB cooler or something from DD with this set? or new sockets when they are out?

i wonder, is there anything that would prevent you from using random other coolers with this set? since the VGA blocks are made by DD, is it safe to assume you can also use a NB cooler or something from DD with this set? or new sockets when they are out?

I have a DD TDX AM2 block on my Nautilus kit (and i changed out the 120mm fan to one that is quieter + better air flow, as well as used a non-restrictive 120mm grill in place of the tight mesh restrictive grill that was the stock one.

In addition to the stock block, I took it out and used my tdx, I also added my mcw60 on the line and did the fan mod like A_G did. It helped me pass my 975 OCDB entry. I have since dedicated the Nautilus and took it apart to cool my 8800GTX.