new mobo...no boot ding or LED

I just purchased the DFI lanparty UT nF4 Expert motherboard and BFG 7300 O.C. video card. I had the MSI K8N Neo-2 Platinum and an older AGP video card. I installed everything, and it seemed ok. both yellow lights were on constant, the four red LED's at the bottom were lit cnnstant, and there are no noises from the buzzer. coolant system works, fan on the BFG VC spins, everything works. But I don't get any video.

I know this board is supposed to be picky, but the Kingston ram is brand new. I also tried with ram from my friends new vaio, and some other pc2100 ram. I have it in the DIMM 2 slot (orange farthest from cpu) with no other memory, the VC in the PCI-X slot nearest to the top, all three power connections on the mobo, and none of the drives are connected. Just cpu, memory, vc and the mobo. And still no signal is being sent to the monitor. Help?

PSU is not on the DFI User Recommended PSU List, would be my first thing ;)

Next would be another HDD same make or model if not sell on what i had and get 2 hdd the same and Raid0 them.....

Next GFX i would upgrade, i like SLi though so might be diff from your choice. YOu got an sli mobo so why not use it? Off course depends on the size of monitor and its native res....

Would have went with a Dual Core CPu of the bat, but if i had that i would make do, NAh im lying i would still go for an Opty probably, would look for good stepping to Overclock the sheet out of it ;)

The rest i guess okay :)

Logan

Thanks for the links. I am going to take back the BFG PSU and buy the Antec. The only games I play at the moment are World of Warcraft and Medival II Total War, so I'm not too worried on the VC for now. But, I do eventually want to use the SLI and see what it can do. And I've had the FX-53 since it first came out, just sticking with it for now.

Start from scratch, follow the Build Guide ie clear the cmos again, do it out of the case.....One stick of ram in the orange slot furthest from the cpu, all 3 psu power connectors plugged in to the board blah blah,,,,,you know the routine, if that fails then time to test the cpu in another board....

Logan