Sign in to follow this  
AsAs1n8eR

Making USB Flash Drive Bootable

I own a Corsair Flash Voyager 128MB.I tried to make it bootable so I can put on it memtest and other diagnostic tools.The problem is that it doesn't boot.I'm wondering if I did something wrong.In the BIOS what should I set?And in that HP format utility do I check that MS-DOS startup Disk?There a file is asked, what is the file that I need?

AsAsIn8eR

I read somewhere you have to create a bootable floppy, then use mkbt (makeboot) software to copy the bootsectors over to your thumbdrive. I am not totally sure this is what you need, but if you search "bootable USB drive" in Google you should be able to find some stuff out.

Yeah I found something but it doesn't show if he x-ed that option in the HP tool to make bootable MS-DOS Disk.So I can't tell if it's the BIOS setting my Flash Stick or me not formating it as I should.

Yeah I found something but it doesn't show if he x-ed that option in the HP tool to make bootable MS-DOS Disk.So I can't tell if it's the BIOS setting my Flash Stick or me not formating it as I should.

I'm not sure, but I think you have to check, 'boot other' in your bios along with the other boot options.

I'm not sure, but I think you have to check, 'boot other' in your bios along with the other boot options.

I always check that in case that I encounter problems to boot I have it active what about the other one?What should I set the boot device to?