@!@ UPS left Ultra-D on my doorstep supposedly

aelfwyne

I use UPS on about 90% of my orders, which isn't that much one or two a month. They will leave the package at my front door and have never taken a package back with them. I guess I don't complain since the package is always there and in one piece. I must have some honest neighbors.

When I'm home at the time of delivery, they will usually ring the doorbell if not my 2 dogs will let me know. They've said (UPS) that it is up to the driver if he leaves the package or not. There have been a few days where the weather should have stopped him from leaving the package but nope it’s never late and always on time - DELIVERED.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fed-ex does the same....

UPS will usually ring the bell....If no one answers they walk around back and put the package either between the doors (screen and entry) or they hide it behind the steps out of view from traffic...(but the passers by see him hide it...;))

Fed-Ex pulled up today...it was raining and they didnt even ring the bell...just tossed the package on the step...atleast the shoved it in a plastic bag first...;)

just depends on how lazy the driver is to make a effort...;)

UPS always rings the bell when they deliver my packages.

But yeah, they will NEVER deliver anything earlier than specified. I had my Opty 165 get to my area on the 21st of November (ordered it on the 17th) but did they deliver it the next day? Nope. They delivered it on the 27th.

I have ordered over 3k worth of stuff from newegg over the years and everything was delivered via UPS. Everything was fine and on time. However the couple of times that I have ordered something and it was delivered via FedEx. The package was allways late, box was beaten to hell. dropped off and nothing was signed for, etc etc etc.

-yonton228/timmy

A couple of you guys are saying that they won't deliver it a day earlier than when they said they would, even if they have it.

I would be really annoyed if they tried a day earlier, for example, if I took the day off to stay and home to sign for it, and then the night before find out they tried to deliver it but I wasn't there.

Whats the point in giving you a date if their then going to not bother telling you?

A couple of you guys are saying that they won't deliver it a day earlier than when they said they would, even if they have it.

I would be really annoyed if they tried a day earlier, for example, if I took the day off to stay and home to sign for it, and then the night before find out they tried to deliver it but I wasn't there.

Whats the point in giving you a date if their then going to not bother telling you?

The online tracking tells the status of the package if the driver has it the tracking will say "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" or "Out for delivery". If they attempt to deliver it and noone is home; FedEx will come back the next day to try again (not too sure about UPS though).

The estimated delivery date means the following:

FedEx=First delivery attempt no later than prescribed date

UPS=First delivery attempt on prescribed date

For small packages than don't need a signiture, Fedex often will leave it at the door; but always rings the bell; sometimes UPS doesn't even knock

Just as I was coming back to the forum realised the major flaw in my argument - they will try and delivery on the next day if your not in, and even if you are in the day before just gives you extra time with your new toy/toys :)

CityLink are the main ones I've been delivered using here in the UK, no complaints TBH - although their depot could be a bit nearer town :) I love their tracking system too:

"The parcel was put in a van" - 8:16.

Wow :O

You guys don't have anything on me.

FedEx suddenly lost my address. A package that I didn't have a tracking number for got re-directed to another address in another county.

When I got the tracking number FedEx had no explanation for the mix-up. When they realized it was their error, they sent a manager back to the place they dropped off the package.

The guy that signed for my package now claims someone has stolen the package so he no longer has it.

Then another package is sent FedEx and they mark it as "incorrect address". But, this time I have the tracking number. At almost 9 o'clock at night they send the tiniest lady to my house with the package. I guess they figured I wouldn't want to cause her any harm. I was mighty pissed about the whole thing. Still am!

FedEx now says my address doesn't exist in their system even though they've delivered here before.

The worst that FedEx Ground has done to me was to load the package on the wrong delivery van; but it was delivered the next day, which was the estimated delivery date to begin with, so I can't complain.

A carrier losing an address in mid-transit; that's new, especially when it's printed on the box/label.

BTW

The FedEx address checker application reports my address as good. They moved the checker application to the private part of their site because of overuse.

So when they tell me my address is incorrect I simply refer them to their own system. It drives them crazy which I take special pleasure from. LOL