Then and now

catkicker

Yes that is one of the only disagreable things back then, that and the oppression of wemon. I guess when those wrongs were righted the need was felt to make the most sensitive have the upper hand. Nomatter what you say, some one will have an objection to it. And if it was possible there would be a gridlock in the courts and no one would have any money. (alittle overboard but I felt the need to say it)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the side of the protesters here. I firmly believe that everyone has the right to protest in an orderly fashion that provides protection for the protesters and the public.

The situation in Crawford, Texas was quite a bit different than you described.

The farmers that use the road for their livelihood were damaged because they couldn't use the road when the protesters were there. The Town and County simply amended existing laws that kept the County Road clear for the farmers. They didn't "outlaw" the protesters, they simply made it safe for them to protest.

The protesters did the right thing by buying property along the road so they could protest legally and everyone was much happier with the results.

Nomatter what you say, some one will have an objection to it. And if it was possible there would be a gridlock in the courts and no one would have any money. (alittle overboard but I felt the need to say it)

No one but the lawyers. /kidding

I have to agree with Angry. (even though the moderators jumped me about the sig thing), but I was wrong, corrected the problem and got on with my life. It's called responsibility. I was wrong, apologized, corrected my error, and everyone is happy. That is a small example, but he's right in the respect that today, the smallest perceived infraction, no matter how out of context, is grounds for letigation. What has it come to? Who benifits? I think the lawyers are the only winners.

I also have to agree with Tylosis, things back in the "good 'ol days" weren't so great for people of color. And for that I am truely sorry. But I didn't do it. Not then and not now.

(By the way Angry, my lawyers will be in touch with you over the whole banning for no sig thing. I feel I was wrongly singled out and accused of being a total idoit, just because I agreed to do something, and I failed to read, and I didn't follow the rules. How dare you!) Yeah, right... blah, blah, blah :)

Who knows, it worked for that gal that spilled coffe on herself at McDonalds...

Of course you know I was just kidding. Simply pointing out how because of someting I did, or didn't do, broke a rule, that I was supposed to be fully aware of, is somehow your fault for not protecting me from myself. It doesn't make sense to me at all, but more and more we see cases just like the McDonalds case... I spilt hot cofee on myself... I knew it was hot, I paid for hot coffee, but somehow that's your fault, and it's going to cost you big $$$$. How lame.

Guest element

Good Grief. I was born in the 80's and in another country but I still know exactly what the OP was saying. Things have become beyond retarded and stupid.

Big kudos to the OP :angel:

Good Grief. I was born in the 80's and in another country but I still know exactly what the OP was saying. Things have become beyond retarded and stupid.

Big kudos to the OP :angel:

I was also born in a different country (1966) it was called "The United States of America". One quick thought that comes to mind, more of a nice memory of grade school actually, we all stood every morning and pledged allegiance to our flag, it sure was a nice way to start the day.

So many things I would like to write about but I am forcing myself to stop now or it would make an AG post look small in comparison.

The story with the ant is funny.Anywayz u'r right.people have come to sue for pretty much everithing.And we have the 5pm news where all you hear is crimes and rapes.The world is going sick.I remember when I was like 8 it was fun to go out and play with mmy friends and play ball talk and wonder in the hood without ppl messing with you you were friends with everyone.But now it's like all the friends you had changed so much that you don't recognize them.People don't trust each other anymore.