Almost done testing new DD WC

expresso

hi - a while back i posted for help with WC parts and Cases etc. - thanks for all the input - i am finally at the Testing part of the build - My first time WC - i got all DD parts in a TT amor full case - once i am done i will update my sig and i took some pictures so i can post them when i am done -

just curious how long before all the air bubble are gone ?

looks like the loop is good now but the tube going up to the fillport still have bubbles - i have it running for about 7 hours now - -- no leaks !!! so far so good - i ran my tubing from the pump to cpu first -- and now that mines is done - i notice alot of others dont have it that way for some reason - i hope i did it correctly for max cooling -

i just noticed from some pictures of WC setups others have the tube from the pump going to the Rad and then out the Rad to the Cpu etc. --

i just hope the way i ran my loop cools the best -

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ok - so thats why all the pictures i seen of other peoples WC setup - is different than what i been told by DD and also the WC guide -- i guess either way would work fine -

i decided to follow what DD told me - which is what the guide says also - its my first time so not sure how good my loop looks - :) - i hope it works good and drops my temps

i am hoping at least 10C cooler -

i just checked the loop and the main loop is good with no more bubbles - its the lube that goes up to the fillport which has bubbles still - and it dosnt look like they leaving either - in the case that the bubbles dont leave that part of the loop - would that be ok ? wont affect the pump right ?

thanks - it does look %100 better than my old case

i still have some wires hanging around - cant hide them all but i tried - and i ran the Cmos switch to the rear -

i hope i put it right - i guess the only way to check that is to reset it and see if its correct -

i hope that the board stays cool since i dont have any fans besides the front two in front of the Rad - and 3 case fans that blow air out -- i hope i dont need to add a fan for the board because i dont see the room -

what kind of temps do you think i should see more or less ?

My loop is set up as follows:

Pump --> CPU --> Rad1 (Black ice Micro) --> GPU --> Rad2 (Black ice Micro 2) --> Res --> Pump

The idea of putting the rad between the pump and CPU comes from the DIY WC era when people stuck a submersible pump into a tank of H2O, this would heat the H2O in the "Res" so for optimal performance the rad was first. However, w/ inline pumps this is a trivial issue since the motor housing does not come in contact with the water, and for all intents and purposes no heat is produced within the impeller assembly.

A few air bubbles in the T-line shouldn't hurt (as long as there are none in the loop itself).

You should easily get >10C temp drop. My CPU had idle/load temps of 45/55C @ 3.76GHz (3.2 stock) on air and is now running 28/40C @ 3.87GHz (25/35C @ stock speeds). My GFX card is running 41/48C @ 700/920 (470/685 stock)

All in all good temps and significantly OCed. While OCing is where you'll get the most out of your WC Rig.

p.s. I only have 3 80mm fans in my case; 1 for the BIM and 2 for the BIM2

i moved all the stuff from my Sig in a TT amor full case

i left out the floppy drive from my old setup -

i have all DD parts - cpu and maze5 gpu blocks - 240mm Rad - the newest model from DD - fill port - fluid xp - and pump -

i have the Rad standing up in the front of the case with 2 120mm fans in front of the Rad - the case has one 120mm fan in the rear and one 92mm in the rear and one 92mm fan on top - they all blow out of the case - i know i should have a fan blowing in the case somewhere but i decided to leave it this way and see how the temps are first - i am hoping i wont need it - since its a much bigger case than my old one and TT says it can even be used with no fans at all in the case - i dont see how that would work in keeping it cool - also i got 1/2" tubing -

would you know in case the bubbles dont go away in the tube going up for the fillport - is that a problem ?

the main loops look good with no bubbles that i can see

A few bubbles in the fillport shouldnt be a problem. You can always hear if there are bubbles going through the pump. Bubles going through the pump for an extended period of time may cause damge.

My loop is Pump>Rad>Cpu>Gpu>Pump I see very good temps.

I ran it this way as it was the easiest within my paticular case.

the way you have it set up is how i see it mostly - but i followed the WC guide and did it the other way - oh well

as long as it works - i could have done it your way also and would have been good since the pump is close to the rad -

i followed the guide to make sure everything was right -

the only place i see the bubbles are in the tube going up from the T line to the fillport - i have the fillport open to let the bubbles out -

my question is - is that ok to have bubbles in that tube going up from the T line to the fillport ?

how would i know if theres bubbles going in the pump ?

i dont hear any noise besides the fans running - pump seems pretty guiet to me -

ok thanks for you help - i am going to get some sleep now and shut it off for the night - i dont want to leave it all night on - turn it on tomorrow morning for a few more hours till i finish up the wires and connect everything -

hope to be up and running tomorrow night :)

thanks again -

i will post back once i am running on the new setup and update the Sig also -

i am in the middle of having my apt. painted now also

so its a mess --

take care -

A quick question, is letting the bubbles out the reason why the t-line is the last thing right before the pump inlet?

The T-line is placed just before the pump to keep the pump flooded (acts as a Res) a seccond T can be placed @ the lowest point for draining purposes.