Zalman and Antec question

KNiGHTMaRe

i have a zalman cnps7000b heatsink. when i attatch the fanmate2 controller and boot my pc the fan turns on for a sec, then the blue light shuts off and the fan slowly starts slowing down until it completly shuts off?

can this be resolved in my bios?

also, i have an antec lanboy case. i notice i have 3 leds: green, yellow and red. red is for hdd and green is the always lit led. i can't figure out what yellow is. my board nor case manuals say nothing about this. i looked at my connections and their all hooked up properly and no cables are missing. its funny, because i just noticed this when my bro bought the same case and noticed the yellow light lit. anyone have an answer to this one???

Well the yellow light should be a standby light or something like that. I don't remember my Ultra-D having a connection for one, though your board may be different there.

As for the fanmate, do you have it hooked up to the mobo or a psu line? As hooking it up to the mobo you'll have the bios changing the fan speed and if you have the fan mate turned down it'll deliver only a fraction of the voltage that the mobo is giving the fan and could be causing the problems.

Guest element

The issue may be the "CPU FAN SHUT DOWN TEMP". This is settable in the BIOS. Change it to a lower number like 25 and see what happens, oh and be prepared for the increase in noise by running it at 100% ;)